Product Marketing Manager
- 10897 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
Nearmap has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Marketing Manager who excels in the fast-paced nature of technology-driven B2B marketing. As the Product Marketing Manager for Insurance (US), you own the end-to-end product marketing of the insurance product portfolio in the United States. From market and competitive research, customer development, packaging & pricing research, positioning & messaging, value proposition design, to shaping the GTM strategy and co-managing the product launch effort, you shape the voice of the product and help it earn a loyal customer base.
Reporting to the Director of Global Product Marketing, you are the conduit between the product, marketing, sales, and customer success teams. You will regularly collaborate with cross-functional teams, and you have influencing skills to manage the balancing act of knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA. A typical day for you may look like this...
- Own market & competitive intelligence – Be the expert on our customers (end-users and buyers); who they are, why they buy, how they buy, and their key buying criteria to inform packaging and pricing, including market and competitive intelligence for the insurance vertical — in particular the various Insurtech players currently shaping the P&C marketplace
- Build our knowledge base – Understand and document our customers, their use cases, buying process, and workflows; and champion and share that knowledge with the business via internal training, battle cards, and messaging maps
- Create compelling content – Leverage internal resources to write and develop sales enablement content that helps our customers understand the value of our products, and use our products better (e.g. tutorial videos, solution briefs, white papers, etc.)
- Craft our value proposition - Develop competitive positioning and messaging for our insurance solutions, backed by real customer insights and data
- Drive GTM strategy and execution - Plan the release of new products and features, and manage the cross-functional implementation and communication of the plan
- Enable product adoption and customer retention – From crafting onboarding materials to helping design customer education programs, you always think of ways to improve the holistic customer experience to scale product adoption and reduce churn risk
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- 4+years of hands-on experience with product marketing, product management, or similar marketing disciplines
- Experience in an insurtech or SaaS / technology business with a passion for working with emerging technology and exploring the unknown
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities with the ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems
- Highly desirable: Strong working knowledge of the competitive players and technology trends influencing the property & casualty insurance market, and the curiosity to continue tracking the market’s evolution to inform Nearmap’s GTM strategy
- You can think big and small – While you love to be led by the big-picture, you also know how to execute meticulously on the details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – You are a great storyteller; from blogs to product videos to presentations to webinars, you have what it takes to tell an interesting story that resonates with our customers
- Advanced customer interview and market research skills – You know how to ask the right questions, and how to best synthesize research findings into actionable insights
- Appreciation and understanding of the lean-startup and design-thinking frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills – You are open, transparent, and respectful, and you know how to bring people on your journey
- You love the problem, not the solution – You are intellectually curious and like to spend time to truly understand the problem (the “why”) before engaging in solution mode
- Resilient – Work effectively in a variety of ambiguous situations and have perseverance and passion to pursue long-term goals
- Versatile and enjoy a challenge – Comfortable juggling priorities and can manage expectations of a wide range of stakeholders (including C-levels)
- Highly capable & autonomous – Organized, assertive, resourceful, and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Self-directed – Reliable, trustworthy, and exercise sound judgement based on data and logic
- Sense of humor – You work hard, and play harder!
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
At Nearmap we welcome and encourage our employees’ uniqueness at all levels across the organization, as such we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or give us a call at 844-463-2762.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.