RN/LPN PM Shift 2pm-8pm NO WEEKENDS!
- 814 Jackson St, Stoughton, WI 53589, USA
Nazareth Health and Rehab Center is a 99 bed skilled nursing facility, which has been providing exceptional long-term nursing care for over 40 years to the city of Stoughton and surrounding communities. Nazareth’s philosophy is uncomplicated, our residents come first and our employees a close second. We face the challenges of healthcare as a team driven by our desire to give our residents the best care possible. Our creed is “Residents do not live in our facility, we work in their home.” We are proud to offer our short-term and long-term residents excellent in-house rehabilitation services. We have a great team of therapists focused, along with all our staff, on helping our residents be as healthy and independent as possible. Our therapists are our own employees and are focused, along with all our staff, on helping our residents be as healthy and independent as possible. If you desire to be part of an organization where simple values of excellence remain the focus in the face of the challenges and opportunities presented by the healthcare environment of today, perhaps we are the choice for you.
- Performs and documents all basic, technical, and emergency nursing skills within the framework of licensure as outlined on individual care plans.
- Documents care delivery, observations, medications, and treatments promptly and accurately.
- Assumes charge nurse duties when designated including but not limited to adjusting assignments, schedules to meet the needs of the residents with appropriate use of personnel.
- Assesses and documents health status of all resident who are medically unstable or require intervention.
- Reviews LPN observations and co-signs charting before leaving facility.
- Makes rounds with physician, podiatrist, and or nurse practitioner as needed.
- When assigned as charge nurse is responsible for the well being of all residents.
- Assists, develops, revise, and reviews resident Care Plans, as well as updates the CNA care plans daily.
- Uses equipment and supplies in a precise, accurate, and calm manner. Replaces absent staff as necessary.
- Evaluates and assesses employee work performance of resident care, staff relations, and efficiency of service.
- Directly supervises and disciplines CNAs and LPNs according to the policies and procedures of the facility.
- Maintains confidentiality in relation to of information that comes their way in regard to residents and facility business.
- Projects a positive image in dealing with residents, families, staff, co-workers, and the public. Functions as a team leader and supports team work.
- Gives and receives report between shifts in a timely manner Admitting, discharging, and transferring residents.
- Assisting with physical exams Collecting specimens Changing urinary drainage tubing and bags.
- Caring for residents in isolation.
- Administrating routine and PRN medications Performs treatments as assigned
- Suction and care for tracheotomies
- Take telephone orders and transcribe orders accurately Reports all incidents and fills out the proper forms Is required to work every other weekend.
- Provides care in a manner that protects and promotes resident rights, dignity, self determination, and active participation.
- Offers and respects resident choices in matters of daily routine.
- Refers to residents by proper names unless resident requests otherwise.
- Handles all resident property with respect.
- Follows all facility policies and procedures including those related to infection control.
- Uses personal protective equipment properly whenever indicated. Follows standard precautions.
- Participates in fire and disaster drills. In the event of an emergency, carries out assigned duties to assure resident safety.
- Maintains clean work area Monitors dining process as assigned.
- Able to physically perform CPR accurately in emergency situation.
- Valid State of Wisconsin Nursing License. (Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse)
- Must be self directed and able to function independently.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to handle multiple variations in a daily schedule.
- Must be reliable and punctual when scheduled to work.
- Must be able to communicate well both verbally and written.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Current CPR certification and must maintain certification
Full time position is Monday through Friday 2pm - 8pm, every other Holiday rotation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.