Postdoctoral Scholar at the Graduate School of Public Policy
- Department: Graduate School of Public Policy
- Job Type: Research staff
Nazarbayev University was launched in 2010 as a premier national and regional university, partnering with some of the most recognized names in international higher education. Admission to NU is highly competitive; the student body is selected from the top high schools throughout the country and region.
The NU campus is located in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan, in the heart of the new and ultra-modern Left-Bank region of the city. Incoming faculty will enjoy a cosmopolitan living experience, interwoven with traditional cultural influences in food and entertainment. The social life offers a rich and vibrant atmosphere with excellent clubs and restaurants, theater, music, opera, dancing, museums, modern and traditional bazaar shopping, professional and amateur sports, outdoor recreation, and much more.
The Graduate School of Public Policy (GSPP) at Nazarbayev University, invites applications for the full-time Postdoctoral Scholar position and join our international faculty to share in our vision of becoming the leading public policy school in Central Asia. Initial appointment is on a 2-year renewable contract with a possibility of renewal for up to another 2 years maximum, subject to annual performance reviews. We offer an attractive internationally competitive remuneration package.
NU GSPP is devoted to recruiting and strengthening diversity in its Faculty composition. NU GSPP believes that welcoming people from underrepresented backgrounds strengthens intellectual depth and offers multiple perspectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach two courses per year in area of specialization or in a subject determined in consultation with the Dean
- Conduct research and prepare research proposals under the supervision of a senior faculty member
- Participate in research and collaborative activities with other educational or research institutions
- Publish in reputable scientific publications and disseminate research findings using other appropriate media
- Make presentations at national and international conferences and events
- Contribute to the preparation of research proposals and applications to external funding under the supervision of a senior faculty member
- PhD in Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Political Science or a related discipline with a public policy focus
- Candidates should have the requisite teaching, research and public policy expertise to contribute to innovative pedagogy and international scholarship.
Required Documents for Application:
Candidates should submit the following documents in electronic form (MS Word or PDF file)
- Cover letter indicating position applied for
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Two reference letters
- Copies of qualifications
- Internationally competitive salary
- Furnished accommodation
- One annual home round trip air tickets for Postdoc and dependents
- Education allowance for faculty member’s children
- International health insurance