Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Inclusive Education
- Job Type: Faculty
Nazarbayev University was launched in 2010 as a premier national and regional flagship research university, partnering with some of the most internationally recognized names in higher education. The Graduate School of Education (GSE) was launched in 2013 with our partners at the University of Cambridge and the University of Pennsylvania. Due to expansion, GSE invites applications for Full Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors for faculty positions in the area of Inclusive Education beginning in January / August, 2023.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· PhD in an appropriate discipline from an accredited and recognized international university (ABD at time of application will be considered, but Ph.D. must be in hand at the time of appointment, and current Ph.D. holders will be given priority);
· A demonstrated record of research and publications appropriate to rank;
· Teaching experience at the university level (experience in postgraduate programs will be given a priority);
· Experience in developing new courses and program curricula;
· Experience and readiness to supervise Master’s and Ph.D. student thesis research
· Excellent intercultural communication and collaboration skills;
· Commitment to maintaining a collegial and inclusive work environment;
· Commitment to making a difference through education in the School, University and wider society.
Responsibilities include teaching, research, and school service. The University offers opportunities for research support. All positions are for a three-year term with the possibility of renewal.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach postgraduate courses in our M.Sc. in Educational Leadership program (one of 4 specializations: Inclusive Education; Multilingual Education; Higher Education; and School Education), our M.A. in Multilingual Education program, and/or our PhD in Education program. We are planning to offer a new Education Doctorate program from 2023, and we will prioritize applicants who have experience directing and teaching at the doctoral level
Applicants should send a cover letter (indicate rank and program area applied for), CV, names and contact information of three referees, and two samples of published work.
Completed applications should be received by October 30, 2022, but a review of applications may begin before this. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
If you have previously applied for the position with GSE in summer 2022, please do not reapply. We are considering your application now.
Nazarbayev University offers an attractive benefits package, including competitive compensation; housing based on family size and rank; relocation allowance; air tickets to the home country twice per year; no-cost medical insurance, with global coverage; and educational allowance for children.
For inquiries regarding these positions, please contact Jason Sparks, Vice Dean for Academic Affairs ([email protected]).