Assistant Professor (Department of Political Science and International Relations), School of Sciences and Humanities
- Department: School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Job Type: Faculty
School of Sciences and Humanities
The Department of Political Science and International Relations in the School of Sciences and Humanities (SSH) at Nazarbayev University invites applications for a full-time position at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning August 2023. The Political Science and International Relations Department currently has 15 full-time faculty and about 300 majors and is in the process of
expanding to serve the wider university community. We are looking for someone who wants to work with motivated students and contribute to our developing undergraduate and graduate programs. A successful candidate will be expected to teach introductory courses as well as upper-level courses in our undergraduate program and graduate courses in our Master’s program.
- PhD degree in Political Science (or ABD with designated date of completion) from an accredited and recognized international university is required;
- Teaching experience at university level; - An active research agenda (previous publications in peer-reviewed journals will beconsidered as a plus);
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- An appreciation for flexibility in a developing context;
- An interest in continuing professional development.
We are looking for a candidate whose research profile and teaching interests complement the Department’s current strengths, but a preference will be given to candidates whose teaching and research focus is on international security/conflict.
This is a three-year appointment with the possibility of renewal. The teaching load is 2-2.
Nazarbayev University was launched in 2010 as a premier national and regional university, partnering with some of the most internationally recognized names in Higher Education. The strategic partner of SSH is the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Admission to NU is highly competitive, and the student body is selected from the top high schools throughout the country and region. Most students participate in a foundation year program, and thus enter SSH with extensive English language training and academic preparation. All classes are taught in English.
Nazarbayev University offers an attractive benefits package, including:
- highly competitive compensation;
- housing based on family size and rank;
- relocation allowance;
- air tickets to home country, twice per year;
- no-cost medical insurance, with global coverage;
- educational allowance for children.
Applicants should submit a cover letter in which they are detailing their research and teaching interests, a curriculum vitae, and a contact information of three referees, including someone who can address the candidate's teaching abilities. Application deadline is November 14, 2022.
Incomplete applications will not be considered, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Questions related to the position, the university, or living and working in Nur-Sultan should be directed to Dr. Alexei Trochev at atrochev (at) nu.edu.kz.
Nazarbayev University - http://nu.edu.kz/
Department of Political Science and International Relations -