EAP Teaching fellow
- Qabanbay Batyr Ave, Nur-Sultan 020000, Kazakhstan
- Job Type: Faculty
Nazarbayev University’s Center for Preparatory Studies (CPS) is currently seeking qualified, experienced English teachers to begin January 2023 or earlier.
CPS has two academic programs: a Foundation Year Program (NUFYP) and a post-graduate preparatory program (ZYPG). In NUFYP students study EAP, academic skills within a Leadership curriculum, and mathematics. The minimum English entry level is an overall IELTS of 6.0. CPS also offers a one-year post-graduate curriculum that enhances students’ English skills and prepares them for study and research in NU graduate programs.
Teaching Fellows teach up to 18 student-contact hours per week (e.g., seminars, tutorials) and an additional 4 hours of supporting tasks (material/assessment development, invigilation, or supporting our Academic Learning Center). Faculty choose their community service work, e.g., serving on committees, developing professional workshops, providing supplementary student support or pursuing external community services.
The successful candidate must have the qualifications, experience, character, and skills required to teach in an undergraduate preparatory curriculum. These include:
- A completed Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline
- Being capable of teaching both independently and cooperatively to deliver a unified curriculum
- The ability to (1) teach high achieving students, (2) work in a multicultural educational environment, (3) collaborate as a supportive team member, and (4) live and work in Kazakhstan
- Evidence of a strong work ethic, exemplary professional and personal character, and a cooperative mindset
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to follow written and oral instructions
- The desire to contribute to Kazakhstani youth and to NU’s core values
- Experience teaching specific academic skills is desired
Nazarbayev University offers:
- An internationally competitive salary
- 56 days of paid leave per year + holidays
- Rent-free housing based on family size
- Relocation allowance
- International air tickets twice a year, including dependents
- No-cost medical insurance with global coverage
- Educational allowance for dependent children
To Apply click the link and upload (in PDF if possible):
1. Curriculum Vitae: max 4 pages (normal font and spacing) which includes Contact Information for at least two referees and the contact information of your current/most recent supervisor. Note: referees and employer will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted and grant permission first.
2. Cover Letter (max 1 page).
3. Motivation and Philosophy Statement that includes (1) a paragraph of 100 words or less stating your reasons for applying, (2) a sentence of 50 words or less that describes your teaching philosophy, and (3) the date when you can arrive in Kazakhstan if offered the position.
Do not upload any other materials to your application at this time. Prior to shortlisting, candidates may be asked to complete a questionnaire. Candidates offered a contract must provide a background check, certification of degrees, and other such documents.
Review of applications will begin immediately; applications received before 30 August are given priority.
Questions regarding the position can be addressed to the Director through Smart Recruiter. Additional information can be found at the official website of Nazarbayev University www.nu.edu.kz.
Nazarbayev University is an EOE.