Senior Teaching Fellow in EAP
- Qabanbay Batyr Ave 53, Nur-Sultan 020000, Kazakhstan
- Job Type: Faculty
Nazarbayev University’s Center for Preparatory Studies (CPS) is currently seeking a qualified, experienced EAP Senior Teaching Fellow to begin in January 2023 or earlier.
CPS operates a Foundation Year Program (NUFYP) which emphasizes academic English, mathematics, and leadership to prepare students for Nazarbayev University’s undergraduate schools. The minimum English entry level into NUFYP is an overall IELTS of 6.0; all classes are taught in English.
The Senior Teaching Fellow (STF) under the leadership of the EAP Head of Discipline is responsible for teaching (~12 student-contact hours—seminars and tutorials), guiding and developing a team of teaching fellows (~10), and contributing to the quality of the program. In addition, the STF has supporting duties and admin tasks.
The successful candidate must have the qualifications, experience, character, and skills required to effectively teach and lead in an undergraduate preparatory program in Kazakhstan. Essential qualifications include:
- Completed Master’s degree in appropriate subject area
- Excellent individual teaching competencies and experience with the ability to delivery professional development workshops
- A strong work ethic; mature professional behavior; and exemplary personal character
- A mentoring attitude; competence to work and lead in a multicultural, educational environment; detailed oriented organizational skills; willingness to collaborate as a supportive team member; and ability to live and work in Kazakhstan
- Excellent overall communications skills including the ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Desire to contribute to Kazakhstani youth and to NU’s development
Nazarbayev University offers:
- An internationally competitive salary
- 56 days paid leave per year + holidays
- Rent-free housing based on family size
- Relocation allowance
- International air tickets twice a year, including dependents
- No-cost medical insurance with global coverage
- Educational allowance for dependent children
To Apply click the link and upload (in PDF if possible):
1. Curriculum Vitae: max 4 pages (normal font and spacing) which includes Contact Information for at least two referees and the contact information of your current/most recent supervisor. Note: referees/employer will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted and give permission.
2. Cover Letter (max 1 page).
3. Motivation and Philosophy Statement that includes (1) a paragraph of 150 words or less stating your primary reason(s) for applying, (2) a sentence of 50 words or less that describes your teaching philosophy, (3) an outline of personal qualities, talents, and/or characteristics you would bring to CPS, and (4) the date when you can arrive in Kazakhstan if offered the position.
Do not upload any other materials to your application at this time. Selected candidates may be asked to complete a questionnaire to be used in the shortlisting process. Candidates offered a contract must provide a background check, certification of degrees, and other such documents.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until 15 September; applications received before 20 August are given priority.
Questions regarding the program or the position can be addressed to the Director through Smart Recruiter. Additional information can be found at the official website of Nazarbayev University www.nu.edu.kz.
Nazarbayev University is an EOE.