Senior Manager (for finance), Graduate School of Public Policy
- Qabanbay Batyr Ave 53, Nur-Sultan 020000, Kazakhstan
- Job Type: Administrative staff
Nazarbayev University (NU) – located in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan – is an English-language research university, established in partnership with leading universities around the world. NU’s international partners include Cambridge University, University of Pennsylvania, Duke University, National University of Singapore, University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Pittsburgh. The University has rigorous admission standards and accepts only the best students from the region. NU’s Graduate School of Public Policy enrolled its first students in 2013 and offers degree programs in Master in Public Policy, Master in Public Administration and PhD in Public Policy. The School’s partner institution is the National University of Singapore’s Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy. Our Master programs have achieved full accreditation from the European Association for Public Administration Accreditation (EAPAA).
The Senior Manager performs the following duties and responsibilities:
- participating and coordinating the process of budget request and investment plan development, including academic and research activities, for the corresponding financial year and a mid-term;
- collecting, analyzing and monitoring timely and proper implementation of the School budget for the corresponding financial year;
- monitoring rational use of material, labor and financial resources in
- order to identify internal reserves, reduce the cost of works performed, services and goods, prevent losses and non-production costs;
- monitoring, coordinating and supervising the implementation of the School procurement plan (goods, works and services) required for the effective operating activity of the School;
- participating in the preparation of necessary information, reports and statistical data on financial and economic issues of the School;
- making proposals for improving the quality of planning and implementation of the School budget, if necessary;
- cooperation with the relevant divisions on procurement of software for the School;
- monitoring of all contracts of the School;
- managing and monitoring infrastructure of the School;
- participation in identification, evaluation, management and monitoring of risks within the framework of supervised direction;
- temporary assumes the duties of the Chief Administrative Officer of the Graduate School of Public Policy during his/her temporary absence (up to one month);
- timely and properly executes the tasks of the line manager and the University`s management;
- observes the requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Employer`s internal documents;
- is responsible for exercising the labor and performance discipline;
- is responsible for ensuring the integrity of official documents, and prevention of the disclosure or leakage of confidential and business information, as well as information of restricted access in accordance with the legislation, Charter and internal documents of the Employer;
- in case of dismissal, is responsible for timely transfer of all paper documentation, digital information, inventory to another employee as instructed by the line manager (to be certified by the act of acceptance-transfer).
Higher education, preferably with English as a language of instruction; Master’s degree is preferable.
- Business Administration.
Required work experience is defined in accordance with standard qualifications for administrative positions at the autonomous organization of education Nazarbayev University.
- Budget planning skills;
- knowledge of the accounting system, order and form of financial statements;
- knowledge of the financial statements of the oraganization;
- knowledge and experience in the program 1C Enterprise;
- analytic skills;
- knowledge of MS Office;
- fluent in English, Kazakh, Russian languages.
- Model of competences of Nazarbayev University;
- Leadership skills;
- Stress resistance;
- Communication skills;
- Team working skills;
- Ability to take responsibility for decisions made;
- Ability to work with representatives of different cultures and nationalities.
Recruitment and selection process
Recruitment and selection at Nazarbayev University include the following process: preliminary selection based on experience and qualifications, assessments (e.g. technical skills/capabilities, aptitude, personality, work samples, in-basket exercises, and informal interviews), and motivation.
Formal interviews form the final stage of the selection process.
They are typically based on organizational values and behaviors and conducted in English.
You are encouraged to share your views and values to identify how they fit into Nazarbayev University core values