Award Manager, Office of the Provost - Research Administration
- 53 Kabanbay Batyr Ave, Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
- Employees can work remotely
- Job Type: Administrative staff
Support in the management of external and internal grants of the University throughout their life cycle of administrative, financial and budgeting processes after their award
– compliance with conditions and requirements of the grantors (sponsors) in accordance with University policies, as well as legislative and regulatory acts;
– monitoring of funds allocated for the implementation of the University’s research activities in the context of types of grants, structural units, projects and source of funding;
– managing University research funding database and prepare financial status reports to University and as requested by University Faculty and Researchers, and ensure reports are submitted timely to meet sponsors’ (Grantors’) requirements;
– monitoring research project activity, including cost overruns, cost sharing and unallowable/administrative expenses, throughout project lifecycle by vetting procurement documents (if necessary), as well as generating operational reports in 1C;
– participation in the work on the grant and program-targeted funding of research projects and programs with government agencies, including the preparation of contracts, additional agreements, acts of completion, progress and final reports on the implementation of research works;
– participation, coordination of work on the preparation of semi-annual and annual reports in terms of research activities of the University, formed on the basis of operational accounting data, and their further submission to the structural unit of the University responsible for economic planning and analysis;
– monitoring the rational and economical use of material, labor and financial resources in order to prevent losses and non-production costs;
– providing practical assistance to University employees within the framework of the issues under their supervision and within the competence of the Division.
High-professional, preferable from the higher education institutions with English language of instruction:
For a Bachelor’s or a Specialist degree, at least 3 years of professional experience in the areas corresponding to the functional areas;
For a Master’s degree, at least 1 year of professional experience in the areas the corresponding to the functional areas of the specific position.
Professional knowledge and personal qualities:
– knowledge of principles of economic planning, financial analysis, accounting and analysis of operations related to research activities;
– ability to work with programs 1C Accounting (Budgeting), EDMS, MS Office, PowerPoint, Pure;
– analytical skills (compiling predictive information based on available data), skills in preparing reports, analytical notes;
– critical thinking;
– building effective relations;
– interpersonal skills;
– ability to work in team;
– distinguished leadership skills.
Excellent public speaking and writing skills in Kazakh, English and Russian
Advanced level of computer knowledge (MS Office, MS Windows, Google Instruments, Database).
Recruitment and selection process
Recruitment and selection at Nazarbayev University include the following process: preliminary selection based on experience and qualifications, assessments (e.g. technical skills/capabilities, aptitude, personality, work samples, in-basket exercises, and informal interviews), and motivation.
Formal interviews form the final stage of the selection process.
They are typically based on organizational values and behaviors and conducted in English.
You are encouraged to share your views and values to identify how they fit into Nazarbayev University core values