Head of Research Compliance and Integrity, Office of the Provost
- Qabanbay Batyr Ave, Nur-Sultan 020000, Kazakhstan
ongoing development of ethics processes, the introduction and implementation of new operating procedures and policies helping to reach the goals of Research Compliance and Integrity Office
) managing the activities of the Office of the Research Compliance and Integrity in order to enhance the research mission of University by providing guidance, education, and resources to facilitate and ensure the ethical conduct of research.
2) ensuring institutional commitment to high standards of ethics, integrity and responsibility in their research programs with applicable regulations and policies;
3) oversight of the development and periodic review of strategies, policies and procedures for the research compliance and integrity;
4) serving as a primary University representative on research compliance matters and is responsible for the administrative and ethical oversight of the University research;
5) dealing promptly with allegations or evidence of possible research misconduct.
6) providing administrative support and regulatory assistance to the University's Institutional Research Ethics Committee (IREC), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), Biological and Chemical Safety Committee (BCSC), and the Research Council Committee (as it pertains to compliance);
7) supporting effective communication with the researchers regarding the decisions of Office of the Provost - Research Compliance and Integrity Office (hereinafter the 'Unit'), IREC, IACUC and BCSC including approvals, conditional approvals and other correspondence related to research protocols and modifications, adhering to set deadlines;
8) ensuring that the information in the University research compliance and ethics databases, documents and links on their respective websites are up to date;
9) in collaboration with the Risk Management Department, conducting periodic risk assessment to identify, mitigate, and address the areas of greatest potential risk of research misconduct.
10) utilizing the results of the risk assessment and develops a work plan to address key risk areas;
11) control over the budgeting process of the Unit, as well as its execution with relevant reporting
Higher-professional, preferable from the higher education institutions with English language of instruction
Required work experience is defined in accordance with standard qualifications for administrative positions at the autonomous organization of education “Nazarbayev University”.
Experience working in the quality assurance, regulatory compliance and/or academic setting;
experience in a variety of research compliance topics, including human and animal subject research, biosafety compliance, conflicts of interest and other related compliance issues in the area of Responsible Conduct of Research;
experience with research monitoring and research misconduct;
experience coordinating compliance-related committees;
experience with developing and writing reports, protocols, policies, etc.
- Knowledge of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of research conduct;
- responsible research or research ethics training certification;
- ability to treat confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and professionalism;
- ability to understand and effectively communicate complex regulations and requirements to the faculty and staff;
- ability to write reports, policies, guidelines and procedures with extensive use of software tools;
- ability to perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects;
- change, time and project management skills;
- presentation preparation and realization skills
Fluent in Kazakh, Russian and English