Laboratory Coordinator, School of Medicine
- Qabanbay Batyr Ave 53, Nur-Sultan 020000, Kazakhstan
Nazarbayev University was launched in 2010 as the premier national and regional research university, partnering with some of the most recognized names in international Higher Education, including Cambridge University, National University of Singapore, Duke University, University of Wisconsin-Madison, and University College London, with the objective to build a western-style research university with English as the medium of instruction.
Nazarbayev University School of Medicine, established in 2015, is being developed in partnership with the University Of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and offers a US-style curriculum taught in English. NUSOM’s mission is to educate a new generation of clinically skilled and research-focused physicians prepared for leadership positions in research, education, and clinical care to improve the health of individuals in Kazakhstan, Central Asia, and around the world.
We are seeking a Laboratory Coordinator to perform the following duties:
1. To manage and coordinate the laboratory work in the labs of the School of Medicine;
2. To help in conducting laboratory sessions of the School;
3. To keep and maintain laboratory equipment in good condition;
4. To ensure following safety rules in laboratories;
5. To analyze the needs in lab equipment, materials and reagents;
6. To plan and coordinate purchasing process of the necessary laboratory equipment, materials and reagents;
7. To maintain records of the laboratory equipment, materials and reagents;
8. To participate in conducting scientific experiments in consultation with Department Chair/Dean.
Master’s degree in Microbiology, Animal Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology or related field is a minimum requirement. English language proficiency is strictly required.
At least 2 year experience of working with laboratory equipment. Excellent knowledge of safety basics during the work on laboratory equipment.
Please visit our website nusom.nu.edu.kz to know more about the School of Medicine.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.