Teaching Assistant in the Department of Languages, Linguistics and Literatures, School of Sciences and Humanities
- Qabanbay Batyr Ave 53, Nur-Sultan 020000, Kazakhstan
School of Sciences and Humanities is a community of scholars, students, and staff committed to research and education covering a broad range of disciplines fundamental to modern scholarship
Duties of Teaching Assistant:
1) TAs attend a minimum of 90% of lectures (or equivalent) for the relevant course;
2) TAs may teach laboratory, discussion or recitation sections or equivalent classes separate from the primary lecture, including the assignment of graded assessments, act as graders for class-wide exams, or engage in other instructional activities, subject to the restrictions listed in these Regulations;
3) TAs may also provide support for School research projects, subject to the written approval of their supervisor;
4) TAs may give lectures (less than 10% of the number of lectures in the course) if they are under the direct guidance of the appropriate faculty member and if the Dean of the School has provided written permission.
5) TAs will undertake other duties as assigned by the relevant Dean.
Qualifications for TAs in undergraduate classes. At minimum, a TA must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Under no circumstances may an undergraduate student at NU serve as a TA in an NU class
- 40 hours/week
- Medical insurance
- 3 months probation period