Open Rank Positions at the Department of Physics of the School of Sciences and Humanities
- Qabanbay Batyr Ave, Nur-Sultan 020000, Kazakhstan
Nazarbayev University was launched in 2010 as a premier national and regional university, partnering with some of the most recognized names in international higher education. Admission to NU is highly competitive; the student body is selected from the top high schools throughout the country and region.
The NU campus is located in Nur-Sultan, the capital of Kazakhstan, in the heart of the new and ultra-modern Left-Bank region of the city. Incoming faculty will enjoy a cosmopolitan living experience, interwoven with traditional cultural influences in food and entertainment. The social life offers a rich and vibrant atmosphere with excellent clubs and restaurants, theater, music, opera, dancing, museums, modern and traditional bazaar shopping, professional and amateur sports, outdoor recreation, and much more.
Nazarbayev University is seeking highly-qualified faculty at the Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor ranks to join its rapidly growing Department of Physics in the School of Sciences and Humanities (SSH). Candidates from all areas of experimental, theoretical and computational physics will be considered.
Contracts are for a period of three years and are renewable upon positive review.
- active research and grant-seeking activity;
- teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses with the typical load of 2 courses per semester;
- supervision of graduate students;
- curricular and program development;
- service duties;
- general program guidance and leadership;
- other activities related to the intellectual and cultural environment of the university.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications:
- a Ph.D. in Physics or in a related field;
- strong demonstrated potential to establish a vigorous research program;
- have excellent English-language communication skills
- have considerable experience in supervising students at the graduate and undergraduate level;
- possess strong instruction skills and in-depth mentoring experience.
- potential or track record of excellence in research, teaching, and service.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Commitment to maintaining a collegial and inclusive work environment.
Nazarbayev University offers an attractive benefits package, including:
- competitive compensation;
- free housing (based on rank and family size);
- relocation allowance;
- international health insurance for the faculty and dependents living in Nur-Sultan;
- educational allowance for dependent children relocated to Nur-Sultan;
- home leave allowance (air tickets to the home country, twice per year);
- research start-up funds are available.
To apply, please attach a cover letter, detailed CV with the list of publications, the contact information of three referees, research and teaching statements by 30th November 2019. Please indicate for which position(s) you would like to be considered.
For inquiries regarding this position, please contact Dr. Anton Desyatnikov at [email protected]
For inquiries regarding the recruitment process and benefits package, please, contact our HR team at [email protected]
- Nazarbayev University - http://nu.edu.kz/
- School of Science and Humanities - http://ssh.nu.edu.kz/