EAP Teaching Fellow
- Qabanbay Batyr Ave 53, Astana 020000, Kazakhstan
Nazarbayev University’s Center for Preparatory Studies (CPS) is currently seeking qualified and experienced English teachers to begin in August 2019 or January 2020.
The foundation year program (NUFYP) within CPS is an intensive EAP and mathematics curriculum that prepares students for study in Nazarbayev University’s four undergraduate schools. NUFYP students improve English expertise, expand mathematical competencies, and develop academic study skills in preparation for their undergraduate studies. The minimum entry-level requirement into NUFYP is an overall IELTS of 6.0 and all CPS classes are taught in English. The pre-master’s, one-year curriculum enhances students’ English skills and prepares them for study and research in NU master’s degree programs.
As a CPS Teaching Fellow, you will have up to 18 student contact hours per week (e.g., lectures, seminars, office hours). You will be part of a team responsible for the development and delivery of the relevant course and its assessments under the supervision of a Head of Discipline and following the program’s curriculum. As a foundation teacher, you will also have an active role in guiding students and in their development.
The successful candidate must have the knowledge, skills, experience, and qualifications required to effectively teach and work within an intensive, high-caliber preparatory program.
· Master’s degree in the appropriate subject area (e.g., ESL/EAP, Applied Linguistics)
· Excellent teaching competencies with the ability to teach both independently and cooperatively as part of a team to deliver a unified curriculum
· Experience that demonstrates the ability to (1) work in a multicultural educational environment, (2) be a supportive, positive team member, and (3) live and work in Kazakhstan
· Evidence of a strong work ethic, a mature professional behavior, an exemplary personal character, and a cooperative attitude
· Desire to invest in Kazakhstani youth and their educational development
Nazarbayev University offers:
· Internationally competitive salary
· 56 days paid leave per year
· Rent-free housing based on family size and rank
· Relocation allowance
· Air tickets twice a year to home country
· No-cost medical insurance with global coverage
· Educational allowance for children
· Please upload or attached (1) your Curriculum Vitae (max 3 pages) and (2) a Cover Letter (max 2 pages) and (3) Contact Information for at least three referees who can comment on your teaching abilities, and the contact information of your current/most recent supervisor. Referees will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted.
· Do not attach any other materials to your application.
· Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a pre-interview questionnaire.
· Review of applications will begin 20 March 2019.
For questions regarding the program or position, please contact Dr. Robert Doebler (CPS General Director) at [email protected]. Additional information can be found at the official website of Nazarbayev University www.nu.edu.kz.
Nazarbayev University is an EOE.