Business System Architect
Founded in 2017, TripArc is a privately held software company that powers the top Travel Agencies and Tour Operators in North America. Our expansive and growing network of suppliers enables our clients seamless real time access to a comprehensive range of travel options and services globally with over $750 million worth of transactions managed through our platform annually - all at the industry’s best rates for travelers and rates of return for travel advisors and tour operators.
Our industry leading platforms address the current challenges the travel industry is facing because of the pandemic and offers solutions in technology, purchasing, finance and marketing. We deliver solutions to travel professionals in the most effective way possible based on our deep experience with two leading brands in the luxury travel space – Kensington Tours and Travel Edge – we have real insight into the needs of tour operators and travel agencies today.
TripArc’s goals are simple. To make our distribution network of over 1400 travel entities and our network of suppliers and agents more profitable, efficient and help them create truly unique travel for their clients. The travel industry was impacted by the pandemic, but as leaders in the industry, our turnaround has been significant and is gaining momentum. With the pent-up demand we are already seeing, we're here to help our clients make the most of it.
- Plan, create, and modify, solution architecture documents including user specifications, manuals, and test plans to facilitate the software and product development process.
- Consult software and technology subject matter experts in order to review, modify, and revise complex documentation for all departments, employees, and audience.
- Interpret complex software/product features and functions and translate them into a concise, relevant, and readable format.
- Collaborate with product designers and engineers to study product samples and make instructions easier to comprehend.
- Integrate user-friendly content in illustrations, graphs, and infographics for enhanced user experience.
- Select and adopt a uniform writing style across all media and other platforms for consistency within and outside the organization.
- Identify opportunities in the engineering platform that will drive improvements in performance, scalability, reliability, and re-usability.
- Act on feedback, revisions, and improvements in technical content.
- Actively participating in departmental meetings, training, and education.
- Conduct analyses of highly complex business issues and research and prototype emerging technologies.
- Present proposed solution design options to business users and TripArc leadership.
- Collaborating with Business Analysts (BAs), and IT team to resolve issue and ensuring solutions are viable and consistent.
- Simultaneously help oversee/manage multiple complex projects to ensure they meet the stated consistency.
- Deliver concise communication of Business Systems plans, goals, project direction and achievements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, or close related.
- Technical writing certifications, or training from other institutions reflects competency and professionalism of the candidate.
- Experience with Azure Cloud Services, Microservice software architecture, Angular and .NET Core.
- 5+ years of experience as a BSA with technical writing for engineering, IT, management, or other related industries (such as consumer electronics, computer systems and designs, software publishers, etc.)
- Skilled in Jira and confluence.
- Ability to articulate the architect of complex, multi-tier, distributed software products for a travel ERP solution.
- Strong experience with technical documentation (UML, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Use Cases, Functional Specifications, High Level Design).
- Experience interacting with solution design technical leads, UX Design leaders, project managers, application developers and business partners to understand business and technical requirements.
- Thrives in a technology enabled, solution focused, KPI driven organization
- Is able to work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment
- Remains highly functional in a fast paced, constantly changing workplace
- Adapts plans through iteration, learning what’s working and what's not
- Builds trust and works through conflict effectively upward and sideways
We know that our success is dependent on the people who join our team, which is why we recruit the best. Our team is made up of owners; people who are smart, low ego, and who are accountable for their results. We all play a part in the success of the company and are proud of what we do.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.