Founded in 2017, TripArc is a $750 million privately held company powers the top Travel Agencies and Tour Operators in North America. Our expansive and growing network empowers seamless access to a comprehensive range of travel options and services globally with over $750 million transactions annually - all at the industry’s best rates.
As an industry leader in technology, purchasing, finance, HR and marketing, we know how to deliver solutions to travel professionals in the most effective way possible. With deep experience in partnering with two leading brands in the luxury travel space – Kensington Tours and Travel Edge – TripArc has real insight into the needs of tour operators and travel agencies today.
TripArc’s goals are simple. To make our network of over 1400 travel entities more profitable, efficient and help them create truly unique travel for their clients.
You will be joining a team that is building tools for our clients and partner organizations. Our ambition is to change travel industry by providing industry leading tools that will enable our Agents to deeply connect with their clients and spend less time booking and invoicing the services that they deliver.
The Business Analyst liaises between the business and the technical teams, translating business and user needs to technical requirements. Additionally, the Business Analyst reviews both current and new technology, identifying opportunities for system improvements. Your understanding of users along with the economics of TripArc’s business are important in delivering tools that will meet the needs of the company.
- Conduct needs assessments with clients to identify business requirements to translate into features or "user stories".
- Determine scope and prepare requirements documents for projects to ensure scope and business requirements are understood and acceptable to stakeholders.
- Investigate and analyze problems, business processes and requirements in order to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Provide direction to internal and external users and assist in the effective and efficient resolution of issues.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff, to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining system capabilities and processes.
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- May lead/manage efforts for various components of a technology project.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Information Science, or Computer field.
- Five years of Business Analyst or related experience.
- A combination of education and/or work suitable working experience.
- Experience in travel industry an asset.
- Work experience in ecommerce preferred.
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills.
- Proactive approach to problems and issues, working ahead of potential "glitches".
- Skilled in performing structured business analysis on medium to large projects.
- Skilled in analysis, problem solving, critical thinking and decision making.
- Understanding of the business and practical needs of users.
- Skilled in understanding and using standard application development design, report and project management tools.
- Ability in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to effectively participate in multiple major projects or project roles or lead a variety of project team activities/tasks.
- Able to effectively communicate technical concepts to other members of the team both technical and non-technical.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Superb content development and editing skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Thrives working in a technology and KPI driven organization.
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly functional in a fast paced, constantly changing workplace - building plans through iterations from learning on what’s working and not working.
- Ability to build trust and work through conflict both upwards and downward.
We know that our success is dependent on the people who join our team, which is why we recruit the best. Our team is made up of owners; people who are smart, low ego, and who are accountable for their results. We all play a part in the success of the company and are proud of what we do.
Please note that this is a hybrid role, located at 2 Queen Street East, Toronto, ON
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TripArc is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.