Travel Support Consultant (Sabre Expert)
Founded in 2017, TripArc is a privately held software company that powers the top Travel Agencies and Tour Operators in North America. Our expansive and growing network of suppliers enables our clients seamless real time access to a comprehensive range of travel options and services globally with over $750 million worth of transactions managed through our platform annually - all at the industry’s best rates for travelers and rates of return for travel advisors and tour operators.
Our industry leading platforms address the current challenges the travel industry is facing because of the pandemic and offers solutions in technology, purchasing, finance and marketing. We deliver solutions to travel professionals in the most effective way possible based on our deep experience with two leading brands in the luxury travel space – Kensington Tours and Travel Edge – we have real insight into the needs of tour operators and travel agencies today.
TripArc’s goals are simple. To make our distribution network of over 1400 travel entities and our network of suppliers and agents more profitable, efficient and help them create truly unique travel for their clients. The travel industry was impacted by the pandemic, but as leaders in the industry, our turnaround has been significant and is gaining momentum. With the pent-up demand we are already seeing, we are here to help our clients make the most of it.
As TripArc continues its rapid growth, we are currently hiring talented Customer Support Consultants to join our new dynamic Customer Support team. Be a part of an exciting new group of after-hours team members who have exemplary customer service skills, assist with our clients travel needs, have an eagle eye for details, and love the challenge of trouble shooting files.
This is not your typical after-hours team. Our vision is to provide our clients with consistent service regardless of the time of day. For example, this could include starting the quote process for an exciting 25th anniversary trip of a lifetime, facilitating seat changes for an executive travelling to an important meeting, or issuing urgent tickets for one of our Leisure Consultants.
Our stellar team has a, “Yes! I can do that for you!” attitude that understands the need to follow policies and procedures but are empowered and have the ability to problem solve finding the best solution for our clients.
Why work for us?
We pride ourselves on attracting and retaining top talent by offering challenge and opportunity combined with an attractive compensation plan. Our evolving environment fosters a spirit of innovation allowing our employees to unleash their creativity and achieve a greater level of productivity. While Travel Edge offers great perks, it’s not just the benefits that make our culture great. It’s the way management and teammates treat one another. Our willingness to trust our employees is what breeds creativity, above-and-beyond performance, and job satisfaction.
- Be the first point of contact for all non-business hours of operation questions across all our divisions: Business, Leisure, Retail, and Kensington Tours clients while adhering to each division’s specific policies and procedures
- Successfully demonstrate proficiency in Sabre and a willingness to learn another GDS
- Complete Corporate reservations via the Sabre Reservations System
- Support reservations on our in-house booking tools
- Stay fully informed and stay abreast of all airline rules and regulations and other industry requirements and accurately apply this information when making travel arrangements
- Work with global DMCs, suppliers and other partners who facilitate and support our client’s travel requirements to address the client query
- Provide administrative support for all enquiries as required such as but not limited to queue support, quote generation
- Document and provide feedback/action summary on any call received
- Provide problem solving expertise and superior customer care
- Operate within company standards in the areas of customer service, productivity, quality standards and operating procedures
- The ability to solve problems independently
- Performs other duties and assist in all areas as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in either leisure or corporate travel after hours / emergency travel team
- GDS experience in Sabre with exposure to Travelport and Amadeus
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with clients and establish positive relationships
- Experience in a matrix based and collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail, being highly organized and showing the ability to multi-task will help you succeed at Travel Edge.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Must be available evenings, overnights, weekends, and statutory holidays
- Experience using Microsoft products such as Excel and SharePoint
- Ability to speak other languages such as French or Spanish desirable but not required
- Thrives working in a technology and KPI-driven organization.
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with ambiguity.
- Highly functional in a fast paced, constantly changing workplace - building plans through iterations from learning on what’s working and not working.
- Low ego and a team player.
- Has the ability to build trust and work through conflict both.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will receive communications from the Navigatr Talent Acquisition team, our exclusive recruitment partner.