Air Ticketing Specialist
Founded in 2017, TripArc is a $750 million privately held company powers the top Travel Agencies and Tour Operators in North America. Our expansive and growing network empowers seamless access to a comprehensive range of travel options and services globally with over $750 million transactions annually - all at the industry’s best rates.
As an industry leader in technology, purchasing, finance, HR and marketing, we know how to deliver solutions to travel professionals in the most effective way possible. With deep experience in partnering with two leading brands in the luxury travel space – Kensington Tours and Travel Edge – TripArc has real insight into the needs of tour operators and travel agencies today.
TripArc’s goals are simple. To make our network of over 1400 travel entities more profitable, efficient and help them create truly unique travel for their clients.
We are currently hiring talented Air Ticketing Specialists to join our busy North American Shared Services team. Be a part of an exciting group of individuals who have exemplary customer service skills, have an eagle eye for details, and love the challenge of working with multiple clients. This exciting and fast paced environment favours candidates that like problem solving, have solid industry knowledge, enjoy working hard in a collegial setting and who take pride in delighting their stakeholders. If you are satisfied with just fulfilling each request as they come, stop here!
As Air Ticketing Specialist you will be responsible for the processing of ticketing requests submitted by agents as well as responding to service desk enquiries submitted for assistance with booking, pricing, air contract questions or any related airline queries. Travel Edge has invested heavily in our in-house reservation system ADX, and the successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for ADX fulfillment for all bookings issued as BSP and ARC. Our team members strive to provide consultative and cost-effective solutions for our clients. Our top-tier team has a “Yes! I can do that for you!” attitude that understands the need to follow policies and procedures but are empowered to make decisions that are best for our clients.
Why work for us?
We pride ourselves on attracting and retaining top talent by offering challenge and opportunity combined with an attractive compensation plan. Our evolving environment fosters a spirit of innovation allowing our employees to unleash their creativity and achieve a greater level of productivity. While TripArc offers great perks, it’s not just the benefits that make our culture great. It’s the way management and teammates treat one another. Our willingness to trust our employees is what breeds creativity, above-and-beyond performance, and job satisfaction.
- Answer service desk tickets from agents to assist with ticketing, itinerary building, pricing options, contract questions, waivers and favors and anything else airline related. The emphasis is on pro-active selling of the preferred suppliers and finding the option that meets the agent’s needs to obtain the best utilization of contracts.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all Air Contracts with all preferred suppliers to advise agents of their profit opportunities and to ensure ticketing is directed to the correct ARC for utilization purposes.
- Ability to manipulate complex international itineraries for the purpose of best pricing options utilizing published and/or Net fare pricing options; also taking commission opportunities into consideration.
- Process ticket requests from agents in multiple GDS systems including exchanges and refunds. Initially all training will be in Sabre GDS and then progress to Amadeus.
- ADX fulfillment including manual ticketing when needed as well as all intervention needed on existing bookings.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills to assist agents in resolving issues with their customer’s travel arrangements.
- Maintain personal agent queues for automated QC & schedule changes.
- Travel Industry School or equivalent
- International tariff training
- 5+ years of international travel industry experience
- 5+ years of Native Sabre experience including ticketing entries to include manual exchanges & phase IV ticketing
- Most have experience with Sabre, Apollo & Amadeus GDS experience considered an asset
- 5+ years working with multiple international airline agreements
- Must provide clear and professional communication in all interactions. Must prioritize work effectively and pursue issues through to successful resolution.
- As the team grows successful collaboration with new and existing team members will be critical. Clear, cordial interaction and appropriate sharing of responsibility are critical assets.
- Will maintain the highest level of fiduciary trust and ethical behavior in executing corporate business
- Must be committed to ongoing enhancement of technical and soft skills.
- Need to stay current with industry developments in the travel field and surface these developments where they have value to the efficient execution of company business or strategy.
- Thrives working in a technology and KPI-driven organization.
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with ambiguity.
- Highly functional in a fast paced, constantly changing workplace - building plans through iterations from learning on what’s working and not working.
- Low ego and a team player.
- Has the ability to build trust and work through conflict both.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.