- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Headquartered in Toronto, Navigatr Group is a privately held, billion-dollar family of premium travel companies with a strong track record of growth. Its brands include Kensington Tours (custom private-guided touring), Travel Edge (luxury-focused leisure and business travel), and TripArc (industry-leading travel technology and procurement solutions). Each team within Navigatr Group is comprised of high achievers who are dedicated to innovation and delivering outstanding service and driven by an unwavering belief in the future of travel.
The Vice President, Events will be a member of the Marketing executive team, which is responsible for all marketing activities that the Navigatr Group of Companies. The position requires a seasoned professional with a broad, well-rounded set of skills, a high-level of energy, flexibility, and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
As the head of the Events team, you will participate in the strategic direction of Navigatr Group’s events as well as conceptualizing, designing, proposing, implementing, and executing the events across the brands. These events are revenue growth generators for our group of brands. The ideal candidate has a strong background in shaping content and agendas as well as B2B events management experience. You will work closely with the SVP of Marketing, Presidents of all of our brands as well as our marketing and events team. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Marketing.
This is a hybrid role with 40% of your time dedicated to the strategic direction of the events for each brand, concepting, planning/logistics, budget management, partner sponsorship revenue opportunities & ROI, speakers, driving interest, attendees/engagement and 60% of your time you will be focused on driving event implementation and execution with your events team and supported by the marketing and events team. The ability to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role oversees all event details for both in-person and virtual events as well as the revenue targets associated with each event. The goal is growing each events program to their full potential including branding new events within the industry, making these events the ‘must go to’ events of the year.
- Strategic development of events including design and curation of the events program throughout the year that align with strategy/vision – developing themes and content format.
- Develop events that drive engagement, attendees, and interest virtual and in-person events from the travel industry – including advisors, partners, press.
- Curate the content and direction of the events that make a statement in the industry and keep people paying attention and wanting more from our events
- Utilize project management tools and timelines for all major event initiatives. Monitor progress and manage to keep production on track.
- Work with Partnership Marketing to create sponsorship opportunities for partners that show value and ROI for them to invest in these events regularly. As revenue generators, these events must hit a revenue target annually and this role must work with Partnership Marketing to collectively achieve this goal.
- Manage budgets and resources to deliver events to meet company, attendee, and partner objectives. This will include working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage, provide leadership, and assign workload for the event team – including director, manager, and producer levels.
- Interact regularly with internal leadership teams and event stakeholders to provide updates on event progress and ensure all event deliverables are on schedule.
- Work closely with the creative team and manage creative deliverables for each event including invitations (print and email), signage, graphics, filming and editing, etc.
- Manage event communications schedule and oversea and approve all event communications.
- Lead, manage, and provide direction to contractors and vendors. Collaborate with internal teams and external contractors to ensure successful event operations and program development/deployment.
- Working with brand managers to understand each brand’s foundation and background to integrate into event strategies.
- Establish partnerships and relationships and interact regularly with external stakeholders and attendees to ensure events are aligned with partner objectives and requirements. Foster these relationships to benefit of the company.
- Innovate by developing new ideas, special features and programs at events. Ensure these activities meet internal and external stakeholder objectives and expectations.
- Develop literacy and working industry knowledge, including the event content being featured. Stay up to date on industry trends and competitor initiatives. Foster the ability to discuss partners’ products and services, as well as uncover new opportunities.
- Guide and ensure consistency of corporate image and brand throughout all events and project.
This requires an extremely talented and flexible individual who can think strategically, have a vision but also roll up their sleeves attitude and is comfortable with a hands-on position. You have the ability to relate and build successful relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, use creative marketing and analytics to influence, is a champion of the advisor experience and of successfully driving and positioning brands.
- 12 years of live and virtual event work experience with a bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years’ experience as a Director of Events or greater.
- Proven experience in marketing, events, conferences, and project management.
- Experience planning both large in-person and virtual events required.
- Familiarity with virtual event platform software.
- Requires experience designing and executing marketing strategies, communications campaigns, and programs.
- Relationship building, networking and outreach skills. Sales aptitude preferred.
- Demonstrates extreme attention to detail and professionalism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create thoughtful presentations, proposal and ideas and present them internally and externally.
- Leadership skills to guide diverse teams towards a common goal.
- Knowledge and experience with marketing techniques, social media and industry trends.
- Outgoing, self-motivated person with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate and connect effectively with multiple departments, partners and customers.
- On the pulse of the latest trends on marketing, events and innovations.
- Superior communication, writing and editing skills and ability to demonstrate versatility in writing formats, including online.
- Travel or hospitality industry experience an asset.
- Ability to travel for events as necessary.
- Revenue focused, profit driving budget-management skills and proficiency.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to work autonomously in an agile, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, and deliver under tight deadlines/time frames; prioritize workload
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities based on alignment with business goals and strategic direction, define timelines and deliver to commitments.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.