Civil Department Manager
- 900 W Valley Rd, Wayne, PA 19087, USA
If you have a passion for excellence and take pride in everything you do, look no further – we’re seeking to hire an experienced civil engineer and you may be the person that we are looking for!
Nave Newell, a prominent land development consulting firm is seeking a Civil Department Manager to join the team! Now could be your chance to explore career changing opportunities and work on exciting, award-winning projects with one of the best firms in the Greater Philadelphia Region.
The position is responsible for the overall management of the Civil Engineering Department. Responsibilities include management of design development, preparation of contract documents, municipal and agency correspondence, quality control of design and document preparation, client relations, staff supervision, and mentoring. Also responsible for managing projects within budget and contract terms, as well as the overall financial success of the team. Projects include but are not limited to commercial, institutional, residential, mixed-use developments and other site development projects.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the department.
- Directs company staff including project engineers, staff engineers, and CAD technicians as well as other internal project team members.
- Ensures technical accuracy, standard engineering practices, and inclusion of appropriate documentation on plans, reports and project documents.
- Provides quality control oversight and technical support for all projects at milestone events.
- Initiates and maintains communication with clients and other project team consultants to facilitate project activities.
- Monitors and controls staffing, schedule and budget to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget. Keeps the team informed of any changes or revisions and project deadlines.
- Represents the company in project meetings and formulates updates or reports on work progress, costs and scheduling.
- Builds staff capabilities through technical training and development.
- Administers performance evaluations for team members to include periodic check-ins, on-demand coaching, and mentoring.
- Maintains ongoing client relationships, and builds new relationships through excellent communication and designs that meet budget and time goals.
What you need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer registration preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional engineering design and project management experience.
- A strong background in the land development industry, site planning, grading and stormwater management design and construction document preparation.
- Ability to coordinate tasks and projects with other company department managers.
- Ability to delegate work appropriately to staff while maintaining personal and staff accountability for their time and work products.
What we provide in return:
- Exciting and challenging projects to grow your portfolio
- Incredible work environment full of collaboration and success
- Family first focus
- Generous benefits package
- Competitive compensation
- A place for your career to thrive
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.