Chemical Compounder / Chemical Mixer
- 115 Lena Dr, Aurora, OH 44202, USA
Bulk Apothecary was founded in mid 2010 as a small brick & mortar specialty retailer in Streetsboro, Ohio and has since grown to become one of the nation's largest online suppliers of natural ingredients and essential oils. Our main focus from the beginning was soap and candle making supplies, but word of our fantastic prices, amazing quality and excellent customer service spread. Within 3 years, we expanded our offering to a wide range of specialty ingredients and vitamin supplements and had a dominant online presence that was growing by the day. Today, we still operate our small store in Streetsboro, Ohio but also have an online presence that's growth is nothing short of amazing.
Natural Essentials was founded in 1995 and has quickly grown to one of the Nation's premier contract filling companies. Because of our strong focus on quality, customer service and price, Natural Essentials has maintained outstanding growth in one of the worst economies in U.S. history. Today, Natural Essentials employees nearly 150 employees and manufactures products that are found in almost every retailer in the USA.
A Chemical Compounder responsibilities include the mixing of raw materials to create finished products according to the batch sheets. Also responsible for weighing the correct chemicals and sampling finished product to quality for approval. Has an understanding of all of the company’s products as well as all the mixing equipment.
- Cleaning all equipment , tanks, and vessels as needed.
- Observes and follows safety procedures and S.O.P’s set by the company.
- Refers all issues to the lead/supervisor.
- Transfers finish product into drums, and totes to complete orders.
- Assists compounders as needed.
- Weighs up chemicals for batching.
- Makes sure all chemicals returned to inventory have weights and are cleaned.
- Sets up and monitors all mixing tanks, vessels, and mixers.
- Obtains and understands all documentation for batching products.
- Ensures all chemicals returned to inventory has the correct quantity and information on the chemicals.
- Operates all equipment including tanks, mixers, scales, meters, pump, etc.
- Completes all paperwork and batch documentation in a timely manner.
- Submits finished product samples to the lab for approval.
- Communicates with production when batches are complete and ready to fill.
- Monitors all temperatures on batches that require heating and cooling.
- Verifies raw chemical usage on each batch are added correctly with correct weights.
- Operates towmotor as needed.
- Able to work with limited supervision
- 3 to 5 years experience in a compounding or mixing environment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written and oral instructions including safety rules, operating procedures, batch recipes and material identification.
- Must have mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply, and divide as well as making the necessary conversions.
- Able to handle 55 gallon drums and powder bags up to 60 lbs.
- Able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be certified to operate a towmotor, a sit-down as well as a stand-up.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Displays good troubleshooting skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- At times a hot dusty environment.
- Must be able to pick up 60 lbs.
- 95% of the day you will be on your feet.
Reports to: Compounding Supervisor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.