Quality Assurance Associate
- 1830 Miller Pkwy, Streetsboro, OH 44241, USA
Bulk Apothecary was founded in mid 2010 as a small brick & mortar specialty retailer in Streetsboro, Ohio and has since grown to become one of the nation's largest online suppliers of natural ingredients and essential oils. Our main focus from the beginning was soap and candle making supplies, but word of our fantastic prices, amazing quality and excellent customer service spread. Within 3 years, we expanded our offering to a wide range of specialty ingredients and vitamin supplements and had a dominant online presence that was growing by the day. Today, we still operate our small store in Streetsboro, Ohio but also have an online presence that's growth is nothing short of amazing.
Natural Essentials was founded in 1995 and has quickly grown to one of the Nation's premier contract filling companies. Because of our strong focus on quality, customer service and price, Natural Essentials has maintained outstanding growth in one of the worst economies in U.S. history. Today, Natural Essentials employees nearly 150 employees and manufactures products that are found in almost every retailer in the USA.
The Quality Assurance Associate works in tandem with the Quality Assurance Manager, and is a liaison for the Quality Assurance Manager with other Departments. The Quality Assurance Assistant will support the Manager with filing, document control and retention, and will train in the Quality Assurance Department and in Quality Control in the Manufacturing Plant to perform many cross functional needs. This role will need to travel frequently between the Manufacturing Facility and the Distribution Facility. The position requires a person who can multi-task, is adaptable, and a quick study. The hours for the QA Assistant are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., some overtime may be required during peak periods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Filing and retention of all documents such as, but not limited to:
- Non-Conforming Material Reports
- Job Reports
- Batch Sheets
- Change Requests
- Customer Files * Perform Label inspection/Label Approvals, for artwork, color, ingredients
- I/R testing- IR spectroscopy testing of raw materials, using an IR spectrometer
- Ability to provide SOP training to the Quality Employees, and other departments
- Process customer complaints, do complete investigations, verbal and written, log complaint per SOP instructions and contact all appropriate parties at the conclusion of the investigation
- Create purchase order in Sage for outside laboratory testing, and also testing in our in house laboratory, also pack and box product samples and ship them UPS
- Updating Master SOP book and the Satellite books – currently have 8 satellite books, must update with new and revised SOPs as necessary
- Monitor job reports sent from the Manufacturing building for completeness, then forwarding them to Document Control
- Back up Quality Control on Yield Analysis and Scrap Reporting
- Back up Quality Control on pH testing, specific gravity testing, and viscosity
- Responsible for Compound Mix Validations, Fill Validations- documenting the processes per Validation SOP
- Administer Annual Product Reviews-Per product review SOP, pull all batches for the entire year of a given formula and perform reviews on them per each size made
- Quality New Product Development-when new product is being formulated, follow and document the process from creation, batching, filling, and testing/stability
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Efficient in Word and Excel, familiar with Google Documents
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Communicate clearly with other departments
- Attention to detail in every area, ability to scrutinize documents and procedures for errors, and the ability to find solutions
- Basic mathematic skills
- Ability to create SOPs applicable to the Quality Department, and help develop SOPs for other departments
- Basic office skills such as phone, copy machine, and fax
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Regularly able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Standing, sitting, or walking for more than 8 hours a day
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noise
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.