Quality Control Associate
- 1800 Miller Pkwy, Streetsboro, OH 44241, USA
Bulk Apothecary was founded in mid 2010 as a small brick & mortar specialty retailer in Streetsboro, Ohio and has since grown to become one of the nation's largest online suppliers of natural ingredients and essential oils. Our main focus from the beginning was soap and candle making supplies, but word of our fantastic prices, amazing quality and excellent customer service spread. Within 3 years, we expanded our offering to a wide range of specialty ingredients and vitamin supplements and had a dominant online presence that was growing by the day. Today, we still operate our small store in Streetsboro, Ohio but also have an online presence that's growth is nothing short of amazing.
Natural Essentials was founded in 1995 and has quickly grown to one of the Nation's premier contract filling companies. Because of our strong focus on quality, customer service and price, Natural Essentials has maintained outstanding growth in one of the worst economies in U.S. history. Today, Natural Essentials employees nearly 150 employees and manufactures products that are found in almost every retailer in the USA.
Quality Control in the Manufacturing Plant is responsible for checking the accuracy and integrity of the product being produced. This position must review all documentation at the manufacturing plant for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to specifications. Quality Control must also release production lines to run after prototyping finished goods by comparing official office prototypes and information provided on job reports / work orders. This candidate must possess a keen awareness to detail, and understand the critical nature of the Quality Control position. This position must provide guidance to manufacturing personnel that will assist in the making of good product and alleviate errors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to create accurate run prototypes using all the information available, a keen attention to detail
- Must have an ability to create detailed documents, and the capacity to know what documents are required for particular applications such as:
- Non-conforming material reports
- Change Requests
- Line Clearance forms
- Label tracking forms
- Positive Release Forms
- Scrap Reports
- Job Addendums
- Job Reports * Collect and record product samples during the production run for testing and retention
- Required to store labels in the proper way, track the usage of all labeling, and also track inventory of labels
- Ability to take water samples for our in house laboratory
- Process finished goods testing for:
- Specific Gravity
- Viscosity * Must make sure that all in-process and finished goods are status labeled
- Green Labels-release labels
- Orange Labels-hold labels
- Red Labels-reject labels * Or any other task assigned as Management deems necessary for the benefit and betterment of the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail, awareness of every facet of the production run
- Ability to problem solve, ability to work with peers, and work independently
- Strong communication skills, with both plant personnel and co-workers, and Quality Management
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to read fine print
- Proficient in basic office equipment, phone, copy machine, fax
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Regularly able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Standing or walking for more than 8 hours a day
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as being around dangerous equipment or working with chemicals
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors, and loud noises
Reports to Quality Control Supervisor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.