Market Data Business Analyst
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
Market Data is the field of managing all kind of market data including financial information in the broadest sense of the term (real time valuation, financial instrument characteristics, fundamental data, consensus, analysis & research, forecast, notations, news….). These data are used by all activities of Wholesale banking & its support functions, they are essential for decision taking, control & reporting. Their quality and availability must be perfect.
The appropriate management of market data represents important issues both financially and functionally.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Provide business lines with functionally and financially adequate market data solutions;
- Propose or implement costs savings & optimization initiatives;
- Ensure reporting & budget monitoring of market data;
- Follow-up contracts (billing, renegotiation, inventory, etc.) and control invoices;
- Prepare budget reviews twice a year, including financial reporting;
- Provide end users’ support.
- Understand the organization and specificities of the CIB business lines and its support departments;
- Ensure communication with the business lines on Market Data products, access conditions, prices, etc.;
- Answer to business needs for standard Market Data products (outside of new project) & ensure their inventory within the Market Data Management software package (MDM).
Key point of contact for all market data providers:
- You will be in contact with the suppliers concerning the complete management of the invoicing of the Market Data services and the implementations of the standard market data products;
- You ensure the control and validation of Market Data invoices as well as their analytical allocation within the Market Data Management software package (MDM);
- You guarantee the management, monitoring and renewal (negotiation) of contracts;
- Management of supplier declarations: production of reporting.
Financial and budgetary monitoring:
- You take part in the estimates of the Market Data worldwide budget for all the business lines of the CIB and its support departments, its monitoring as well as its reporting to the business lines, management and the management control department;
- You ensure the monthly reporting of expenses (paid expenses and provisions) to the finance departments of the various platforms (EMEA, APAC and Americas) and to the preparation of quarterly Business Reviews;
- You are the source of optimization proposals for the businesses based on your analyzis of allocations & monitoring uses.
For this, you will need:
- Master Degree or equivalent with a major in Finance;
- Work experience in Market Data environment;
- Good ability to interact with all levels of the organization, including Senior Management;
- Sound understanding of banking activities;
- Extensive knowledge of market data providers and solutions;
- Good negotiation skills and ability to implement optimization ideas;
- Fluency in English;
- Microsoft 365 (especially Excel);
- Knowledge of MDM (MDSL) is a plus;
- To be organized, process-oriented and rigorous;
- Keen to identify opportunities for improvement, innovation and optimization;
- Tenacious & able to negotiate in a weak position with internal clients & external partners.
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office.
Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.