Client Services Officer
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
Team presentation and main goal:
The Client Services Officer, part of the Client Services unit, will be specifically in charge of supervising and coordinating the credit, legal and regulatory aspects of the onboarding / renewal requests on behalf of the Front Office [“FO”], with the objective to speed up the onboarding of our new accounts and maximize our profitability with new clients.
He will be reporting to a New York based Client Services manager.
Main tasks and goals:
The Client Services Officer will be the key point of contact for the Relationship Manager [“RM”], Sales and Clients from an onboarding and annual review perspective.
You will work closely with RMs and Products Sales to pro-actively drive onboarding for the client to ensure all requests are captured, prioritized, and resolved within agreed timeframes. Taking ownership of onboarding problems and resolving onboarding issues.
Prioritization, Coordination of new legal & credit requests
- Ensure all credit & legal requests are properly captured and prioritized, in alignment with business development needs.
- Control quality / business rationale of new FO demands (consistency with business strategy / trading capacity, understanding of client requirements etc…);
- Formalize detailed requests and business rationale for credit applications, including expected revenues, prepare business memos for managerial approval…
- Initiate credit workflow with the credit dossier creation
- Coordinate with Credit Risk Department throughout the process, represent Front Office to enable contradictory debates with Risk
- Ensure coordination with Natixis Legal department and client follow up, manage interactions with FO in case of exceptions to the standard agreements
- Maintain detailed tracking of file status to ensure issues that need response are promptly escalated
- Complete regulatory client onboarding tasks to make sure Dodd Frank, EMIR and STC regulatory requirements are properly addressed and reflected in our systems.
- Update the internal Sharepoint with new requests for prioritization and follow up purposes
Coordination of annual credit reviews, credit exposure management
- Work on Global Markets Credit annual review process
- Prepare the population due for review and add the population in the Teams tracking and planification board at the beginning of each month
- Conduct meetings with the Risk team to ensure an efficient workflow
- Work with the Relationship Managers and Product Sales across platform to prepare for the annual renewal of client credit limits, especially Financial Institutions (for Example table limits extract, revenues etc..)
- Initiate credit workflow with the credit dossier creation
- Review and recommend changes, propose reallocations of limit between counterparties of a group when necessary.
Monitoring / Improvement of the onboarding chain
- Prepare performance reports and other various “ad hoc” reports
- Make recommendations /suggestions to standardize procedures and processes and to introduce new technology or improve the existing one
- Be a force of proposition to constantly improve client service quality and streamline our processes
Key performance indicators
- Average “time to Market” (from initiation of Credit to finalization of Legal Documentation)
- Client revenues generated with new GM clients with credit lines and Legal documentation
- Strong business knowledge, expertise in financial products and associated credit risks
- Strong computer skills especially in Excel, PowerPoint and PowerBI
- Good understanding of standard legal documentations for OTC derivatives is a plus, especially master agreements (ISDA/CSA, MRA, GMRA, MSLA etc.)
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Please take into consideration that the work hours schedule are from 11am to 8pm
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office.
Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.