IT Support Analyst
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis in Portugal is fully integrated in the global organization of Natixis, a French multinational financial services firm specialized in Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate & Investment Banking, Insurance and Payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, Natixis counts nearly 16.000 employees across 38 countries.
Based in Porto, Natixis Centre of Expertise mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture worldwide, as a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
Natixis in Portugal is the best combination of a “start-up mindset” with a large, solid structure. Its unique culture gives true meaning to a “beyond banking” personality: to be a real entrepreneur, self-challenging, ever striving to excel and go that extra mile.
We are looking for a IT Support Analyst (local contract) to join our EMEA IT Support Team, within Natixis Infrastructures, Production & Security business unit.
Part of the EMEA IT Target Operating Model, the EMEA IT Support team is being created in Porto to provide IT helpdesk and IT Support Level 1 and 2 for Frankfurt, London, Madrid and Milan sites. Dubai and Moscow will be added to this set up at a later stage.
The perimeter supported by the EMEA IT Support team would be all business lines (Risk, HR, Finance, Operation, Legal...) except Front Office users. These last users will be supported by the remaining local IT team, as due to their business constraints (client facing, trading, recording, hardware setups and replacements), reactivity and proximity support is required.
The EMEA IT Support team should be able to support users, perform 2nd level System admin functions and controls as well as application and patch deployment. They will escalate calls to the local IT teams if proximity actions or expertise are required (hardware, moves, procedures and processes...)
The EMEA IT Support team and the proximity teams will work together to build and develop solid working practices, procedures and processes across the platform and the success will depend on close working relationships and each other.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Entry point for the proximity teams across EMEA for 1st and 2nd line ticket escalations;
- Assist in the implementation and development of services within the EMEA perimeter;
- Assist and support in the creation and development of the working relationship between the EMEA IT Support team in Porto and proximity support;
- Development of the EMEA IT Support team building on strengths and identifying weaknesses;
- Provide clear communication on escalation to proximity teams;
- Take in charge escalated tickets related by proximity or head office teams (BPCE-IT, Natixis Paris, AMER, APAC);
- Provide constructive feedback both technically and administratively;
- Ensure that documentation, policies and procedures are kept up to date. Draft detailed documentations when required;
- Ensuring good practices conveyed and good service delivered to end users;
- Maintain a vulnerability standard in line with Head office policies;
- Show patience and pass messages in a constructive helpful manner;
- Perform level 1 controls when required;
- Follow and enforce Natixis Group IT security policy and standards.
Main Technical Requirements:
- Broad knowledge on desktop systems and remote administration tools;
- Sound knowledge of Windows technologies;
- Familiarity with batch / scripting;
- Good people skills (able to deal with range of users at all levels);
- Able to identify potential problems before they arise and take corrective action;
- Ability to analyse trends and estimate future needs;
- Ability to make well thought out and recommendations based on sound conclusions;
- Autonomous in performing end to end troubleshooting;
- Understand the needs of the business lines and offering solutions and suggestions for service improvements;
- Strong level of understanding and comprehension of new controls around IT Security (What can and can't be done from the desktop).
- Good level of English - minimum B2 (mandatory);
- Self-motivation with a curious outlook and an ability to work with minimal guidance;
- Ability to own problems and being a team player;
- Good organisation skills;
- Willingness to learn and evolve;
- Ability to keep up with a demanding and fast-paced environment;
- Problem solving, analytical and communication skills required, verbal and written;
- Ability to work in a multicultural team.
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office.
Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.