Market Risk Junior Support Engineer - IT
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
We are looking for an Market Risk Junior Support Engineer (local contract) to join our Market Risk Team, within our Corporate Functions IT business unit in Porto.
Within the IT department of Risk, PnL & ALM (RPA), the Market Risk team maintains a set of applications that are used by Natixis to calculate all relevant metrics that are used to monitor the financial activities of the bank. These are applications used in a daily basis, and for which there is a project to ensure high availability by providing technical support, monitoring and maintenance that includes the evolutive and corrective improvement.
Risk Monitoring and Production Support team is a centralized application support team working in a sensitive and critical environment, with a combination of dedicated resources, technical and interpersonal attributes to provide a specialized support on the incidents raised by IT Market Risk department. The applications supported by the team is mostly written in Java, C++; Scala, SQL and Scripting. It also features Hadoop, Oracle and Sybase databases.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provide production support with dedicated KPI’s to end-users for all application issues and respond to queries in a timely manner;
- Investigating and debugging logs and source code to find bugs and issues;
- Effectively manage and solve production incidents;
- Work in a 1st / 2nd / 3rd line IT Support role;
- Pro-actively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support;
- Monitor applications and infrastructure in an effective way, compliant with the established SLA for the business lines;
- Contribute consistently to the continuous automation and improvement of the applications;
- Enhance user’s satisfaction by solving incidents/problems effectively and efficiently;
- Ensure the proper troubleshooting and incidents follow up;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentations.
Main Technical Requirements:
- Academic background in either Computer Science (or similar IT degree), Economics or Finance;
- Proven experience in SQL programming languages;
- Passion and experience in L1 and L2 IT functional Support;
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving capability, efficient multi-tasking in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment;
- Empathy and ownership of customer issues;
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, management, and communication skills;
- Ability to promote process improvement;
- Understanding in object-oriented languages.
- Experience with Oracle; IQ; ASE; Hive database;
- Experience with VBA; SQL Workbench; GitLab, Control-M, BitBucket; CFT; Jenkins; Kakfa; Big Data; Unix;
- Familiarity with basic ITIL;
- Familiarity with Jira / Confluence;
- Knowledge of French.
- Good level of English - minimum B2 (mandatory);
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, management and communication skills;
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting capability;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly demanding and dynamic environment;
- Strong sense of rigor and attention to detail.
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office.
Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.