IT Quant Developer
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
In the Equities & Commodities team, the team « Derivative & Pricing » implements the financial pricing library for equity derivatives. The team integrates the financial library as an add-on in the Sophis front office software package. The team develops functionality extensions for the front-office and receives pricing algorithm from the Quant team, in addition the team takes care of the quality and optimization of the code, produces and maintain a parallel version of the algorithms. The pricing library executes either as a plugin of the Sophis Risque software or independently as a standalone pricing server.
The role of the software engineering analyst is to participate to that mission. The responsibilities of the person include:
- Initially (first 6 months)
- Training on Sophis Risque and parallel computing
- Liase with Quants and Traders, in order to develop new features driven by Trading, Reporting or Regulatory needs.
You will be part of the Pricing team, which develops Pricing Libraries that run in the proprietary software Finastra Sophis, that keeps all the Equity & Commodities Derivatives portfolio of Natixis.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop new fixtures according the good practices of code development.
- Specify and lead the implementation of changes in the new system to meet requirements needs.
- To be a point of contact for users and other IT teams.
- Investigate functional issues related to daily global listed derivatives activity.
- Document in clear and structured way production issues, their analysis, and solutions.
- Discuss requirements specifications with business users.
- Specify and document user requirements.
- Respond to users’ requirements and interact with different stakeholders at different levels.
- Ensure system availability, in close collaboration with development and production teams.
Requirements & Skills
This role requires a profile that can combine functional capabilities with a good understanding of the financial products and some user and IT experience. The successful candidate should:
- Have a degree in Economics, Mathematics or Accounting (or related).
- Financial products knowledge and particularly on OTC and/or Derivatives.
- Experience on managing, implementing, or using Global Markets systems. Ideally to understand accounting posting process.
- Capability to interact with different users.
- Be interested to learn the Global Markets business within Natixis.
- Very good communication in English, both orally and written.
- Previous experience in banking is a plus.
Technical Skills :
- Jira, Git, Jenkins, XLDeploy
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office.
Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match