Finance FDI Data Analytics & TR - Accounting Controller (control team) Junior
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
Team presentation and main goal:
Within the Finance Department, Financial Data Integrity division is in charge of the production and the justification of accounts for CIB activities of Natixis. The tasks of the FDI department offer an understanding of CIB's activities from an accounting perspective.
Within this team, Data Anlytics & Thematic Review, analyses and controls as part of the monthly and quarterly closings:
In a first step:
- Drilling, analysis and labelling of granular data for ad hoc purposes (notices, STEBA and data collection, Riks Apppetite Framework contributions, ….)
- Assessment of accounting controls LoD 1.1 and carrying out additional controls LoD 1.2
In a second step:
- Progressive extension of the scope to international CIB entities
- Development of new controls LOD 1.2 on Hub activities
You will be in contact with the Risk and the Valuation teams (in charge of the controls on economic P&L and of the valuation processes), the Support departments (middle and back offices), the other Finance departments (Financial Permanent Control LoD2, Norms, Statutory and Social Accounting) and of course all the services of the division.
Within this department, you will be part of the team in charge of monitoring Data Analytics and Thematic Controls. Your scope will be Natixis SA, London Market branch & SPV CIB, in a first step, and in a second step International branches CIB
Main tasks and goals:
Controls LoD 1.2:
- Accounting with Inventories reconciliation of outstanding and off-balance sheet commitments
- Justification of the discrepancies between IFRS/French gaap result
- Valuation of unrealised gains and losses control
- Future Admin Costs
- Securities controls related to the different IFRS classification (JVR, Amortized Cost)
Analysis & Reporting Task:
- Manual entries
- Internal transactions
- Audit trials production for some notices
Restoration of accounting keys (interim mission)
- Degree Bank Accounting, Audit, IFRS Standards
- Good knowledge of Financial products (shares, equity, loans, bonds, commodities, listed derivatives, repos, ...)
- Office tools (Excel)
- Data visualisation tools (Power BI, Easymorph)
- Audit method
- IFRS Standards
- CIB products and activities
- Operational management
- Experience in audit is mandatory
We will only consider English CV's.
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office. Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.