Business Manager for Compliance
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a newly created area within Natixis Portugal. We are looking for an experienced business manager to work with the Head of Compliance. The position offers a variety of activities amongst which the coordination of the different Compliance areas and the development of the Compliance strategy and the target operating model at Natixis Portugal. The position also entails interactions with different stakeholders across the organisation both in Portugal and at the Head Office in France. The business manager is expected to be a competent leader and able to provide guidance towards performance enhancement.
Main tasks & Responsibilities:
- Support the design and implementation of the Natixis Portugal Compliance business and strategy plans as well as its target operating model
- Organise and coordinate operations across Compliance
- Assists in managing resources, including budget
- Liaise with stakeholders across different areas and regions
- Support the functioning of the different Compliance Committees
- Ensure Compliance rules and requirements are adhered to
- Deputy for the Natixis Portugal Head of Compliance as and when required
- Proven experience as business manager
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and ability to engage with all stakeholders and across all levels
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- In-depth understanding of various business processes and strategy development
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with a helpful, motivating, positive and engaging attitude
- Ability to work in a team
- Good level of English – minimum C1 level
- French is a plus
We will only accept English CVs.
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office.
Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.