GFO Paris - Junior Financing Analyst Back Office
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
The mission of the Back Office Financing team is to perform all the loan administration tasks and manage the associated refinancing activity of all financing activity of the – insert relevant PARIS platform - branch. This is done under strict time constraints to ensure a high-level of servicing whilst limiting any potential Operational Risk issues: Financing Activity scope – Real Assets [Aviation, Infrastructure and Real Estate Finance), Energy & Natural Resources [GEC], Investment Banking [ASF (Acquisition & Strategic Finance)] Coverage [Corporate, FIG (Financial Institutions Group)], GCSC (Global Structured Credit and Solutions):
- Full loan management; facilitating new loan utilisations, rollovers, repayments, prepayments, fees, interest rate and margin management
- Cash flow management; monitoring the receipt of all interest, principal sums and fees due. Additional nostro reconciliation checks performed.
- Cash/Payment management
- Refinancing and liquidity rate management
- Ensuring day-to-day support across all business lines – both for new and existing credit facilities. • Investigation and query management
Main tasks and goals:
As a Junior Financing Analyst for the team, you will be responsible for the daily business production by;
- Ensuring the processing and management of all financing deals in compliance with legal documentation and the agreed procedures and rules;
- Guarantee optimal security conditions for financing deals, making it is processed withing the defined schedule;
- Preparing funds availability via existing payment channels
- Bachelor in Finance
- Fluent English (mandatory) and good level of French (is a plus)
- First experience as a trainee in a banking Back-Office role (preferred)
- Advanced Knowledge in Excel and PC skills in Microsoft Suite and ability to use web-based technology effectively
We will only accept English CVs.
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office. Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.