- Rua de Santos Pousada 220, 4300 Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
We are looking for an experienced professional with financial markets knowledge, who has worked with financial products and has knowledge in trading activity.
This role is part of the Surveillance team, within the Natixis Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) Compliance team. You will help us optimize the surveillance framework and be responsible for the following:
- Analyze trading activity, associated communications and alerts generated from Natixis surveillance systems or manual controls to detect abnormal or suspicious trading activity (Market Manipulation, Insider Dealing or Misconduct violations) that could compromise Market Integrity;
- Analyze data sources to reconstruct the lifecycle of alerted trades from order to execution to support alert decisioning;
- Perform relevant investigatory activities and escalate to local Compliance teams or to the global CIB Compliance team as necessary;
- Master the system configuration options in order to suggest changes to parameters in order to enhance the detection capabilities and to obtain more pertinent alerts;
- Configure and test the surveillance system parameters with Head Office compliance colleagues;
- Actively engage in projects related to the surveillance strategy;
- Enhance key aspects of the surveillance program including threshold refinement, governance, data analytics and management information;
- Optimize operational processes linked to alert generation, analysis, escalation and decisioning of surveillance alerts;
- Partner with Compliance and IT resources to aide Natixis’ transition from existing surveillance systems to new generation systems;
- Prepare the management reporting databases, dashboards and key performance indicator presentations; present information to Head Office and Regional Compliance Management.
We are looking for someone with strong analytical skills, who has the ability to identify key facts from a large amount of information. You should have understanding of the importance of compliance/risk management frameworks and testing programs, even if you do not have experience working directly in that area. You ideally have:
- Prior experience working in financial markets, compliance, sales/trading, risk or control;
- Familiarity with traded products: Equity, OTC derivatives, bonds, options, commodities, Benchmarks, Foreign Exchange (FX), Debt Capital Markets;
- Fluency in English, (at least level C1 - written and spoken);
- French level (B1) is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to deal confidently and persuasively with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Ability to analyze, summarize and succinctly communicate assessments and key takeaways;
- Understanding or knowledge of regulatory frameworks (Market Abuse Regulation, MiFID II, GDPR);
- Strong Excel skills, and a background, experience or at least interest in quantitative or data analysis, particularly machine learning;
- Strong time management and the ability to think clearly in fast moving situations;
- Drive, enthusiasm, flexibility, as well as ability to "think outside the box".
We will only accept English CVs.
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office.
Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.