Junior Full-stack Python w/ Angular Developer
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
We are looking for a Fullstack Python/Angular Mid - Junior Developer to join Sunrise project and especially its global monitoring team in Porto.
At NATIXIS D&T (IT and Operations), Sunrise project has a transversal dimension from Front Office to Risk business lines. To address new business needs and redesign the historical market risk chain, NATIXIS within Sunrise project has decided to implement the market risk platform (MRP) which is based on new components managed by GM (Global Market) & Risk (Risks, P&L and ALM) Departments.
This new platform will increase our operational efficiency and improve data quality.
It is in this context that the BAM (Business Activity Monitoring) application was created and gives:
- A global follow-up of the new market risk chain
- Some KPIs based on data completeness & consistency and timeliness of chain execution
- A detailed view of components’ activities when an error has been raised
- Another ambition of BAM application is to provide a common view both for business and IT by publishing chain status with the Trading desk organization.
Project & team organizations
- Sunrise project brings together more than 100 people dispatched into ten teams mainly located in Paris. Agile framework has been applied to each team and helps managing dependencies between them.
- BAM team is currently staffed with an IT manager, an Angular senior Developer (for 6 months) and a trainee developer located in Paris.
- You will participate in the application design phases, architecture choices, and respect the best practices on development, testing, automation
work in a DevOps environment (TDD, Continuous Testing, Packaging & Continuous Delivery)
Continue to implement BAM based on the services and components of the Big Data platform (Hadoop, Kafka, ElasticSearch, ...).
Guarantee an almost real-time restitution of the activity on the Market-Risk chain, propose axes of optimization (multi-threading, streaming, ...) and develop APIs to expose the functionalities of the BAM to the various components of the chain
Develop the BAM interface (in Angular) in order to offer the most pleasant user experience (UX) possible as well as to improve its fluidity and extend its functionalities
- IT Developments & Enhancement tasks in coordination with IT Manager in Paris;
- Design & Technical Analysis;
- Development, tests and documentation;
- Release & Level 2 of IT support.
- Computer engineer diploma & 1 year of experience
- Experience as Python or Angular;
- Knowledge of Jenkins & Git and of its branching strategies;
- Knowledge of No SQL RDBMS (Elastic Search);
- Knowledge of Unix scripting.
- Fluent English;
- Strong communication skills;
- Dynamic attitude and positive mindset;
- Motivation to understand the business;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team;
- High professional ethics and humility.
Optional Requirements (not mandatory):
- Agile methodology experience
- Good skills on DevOps approach and tooling (XL Deploy, XL Release);
- Notions or good level of French;
- Notions in Finance;
- Knowledge of CONTROL ^M scheduler.
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office.
Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match