Derivatives IT Business Analyst
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
Inside the Global Market Systems department, the derivatives post-trading team is in charge of the management of the centralized back-office work-flow of all the activities on derivatives of all our Front-Offices worldwide.
NATIXIS is one of the major French player on the financial markets. The activities on the derivatives concern a large range of products, on rate, fixing, index, equities, swap and commodities on more than 25 markets.
The derivatives systems, currently CLEARVISION and UBIX, are used to process the following Back-Office tasks:
- Confirmation of trades on the markets
- Management of positions
- Financial calculation
- Posting for cash management (payments with clearing houses or clearers)
- Posting for accounting
- Regulatory reporting
- Risks, P&L, funding, reconciliation reporting
The mission of the Business Analyst will be, under the control of a project leader, to:
- participate to the help-desk of the NATIXIS users: help on the daily process, resolution of issues with the help of both the NATIXIS team and the help-desk of the systems provider.
- participate to the projects: definition and writing of business specifications.
- work with our developers to explain and follow the respect of the specifications.
- Take in charge some testing phasis
Business skills on:
- financial products: first knowledge of markets products: equities, bonds, OTC products, derivatives.
- financial systems: first experience as business analyst on system process on products among the ones mentioned above.
- financial environment: first experience in the back-office or front-office areas.
- project management: previous participations in projects teams.
- testing management: first experience in testing methods.
- Additional knowledge in some of the domains of accounting, trading, payments, reporting, regulatory, or derivatives systems would be real advantages for the mission.
- MS Office
- capacity and will to work in a team
- interest in the financial markets
- will to get more experience by extending his business knowledge
- Rigor and method in the testing phasis and capacity to analyze
- English: fluent
- French: would be a plus
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office.
Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.