Finance FPC – Financial Controller Junior
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
Team presentation and main goal:
Financial permanent control is the LOD2 (line of defense 2) covering Finance activities, directly attached to Natixis CFO.
The department is composed of three teams:
- Supervision and Control Framework.
- Accounting and Tax permanent control.
- Regulatory and Prudential permanent control.
Our mission is to ensure the consistency and the reliability of the financial information with a dimension around data quality control and especially BCBS 239 requirements.
As a collaborator of the regulatory and prudential team, you will be fully integrated into the Head Office team. Our main activities consist in conducting quarterly closing monitoring controls and ad hoc assignments which cover the scope of regulatory requirements Natixis must meet.
As a subsidiary of BPCE, Natixis is part of the Single Supervisory Mechanism set in the European Union.
- In this context, Natixis has to comply with quarterly reporting on Solvency, Liquidity and accounting issues (COREP, FINREP).
- In addition to these regulatory reports, additional requirements apply under both Pillar II (ICAAP) and Pillar III (Market discipline and transparency) Basel directives.
- With the Single Supervisory Mechanism, the Single Resolution Board has also been set up leading to additional information collected by the regulator (MREL reporting).
Natixis must also meet the requirements set by the National Competent Authority (ACPR), mainly composed of statistical reporting (RUBA, Reporting Unifié des Banques et Assimilés).
Role and main missions:
As part of the Financial Control Department, this role is responsible for:
- Become familiar with the regulatory requirements Natixis must meet
- Acquaintance and develop solid knowledge of the internal organization set in Finance department to produce regulatory reporting
- Ensure regulatory reporting applicable to Natixis have been sent in a timely manner with a clear documentation, analysis and audit trail
- Participate in various data quality projects to implement and enhance the regulatory data
- Assist with internal controls including reviews and updates to process and system control
- Maintain a strong internal control mindset with accountability by carrying out reviews of the L1C (First Level Controls) to assess its robustness, efficiency and its correct execution
- Conduct 2nd level controls to ensure information produced by Natixis is aligned with the regulatory requirements and in quality (BCBS 239 methodology)
- Drafting the 2nd level control reports using the Group methodology
- Present the findings and the control results to both the production team and the management
- Develop the control approach using data analytics
- Profile and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field from an accredited college/university.
- Knowledge of ECB regulatory reporting requirements, and financial services related products.
- Good level degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and database systems used in financial reporting.
- Strong commitment and drive to accomplish assignments accurately and in timely manner.
- Ability to quickly understand complex subject matter and demonstrate critical thinking.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adaptability and able to work in a team
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Audit or equivalent with bank accounting knowledge (IFRS9) and prudential requirement
- Auditing experience (preferred)
Advanced Knowledge of accounting fundamentals; Control technical ; Data Management and notions of IFRS9 standard.
Fluent English and at least a B1 of French (mandatory)
We will only consider English CV's.
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office. Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.