Finance FPC – Financial Controller Senior
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
Financial permanent control is LOD2 (line of defense 2) on the financial data and we are attached to the CFO of the Head Office of Natixis.
We are organized in 3 departments:
- Supervision and Control Framework.
- Accounting and Tax permanent control.
- Regulatory and Prudential permanent control.
Our mission is to contribute to the reliability of financial information, the fight against corruption in the accounting area and data quality control (BCBS 239) by deploying a relevant and robust control framework.
- Accounting, tax and financial information: statutory and consolidated accounts, tax declarations;
- Reporting published by the Finance department: regulatory & prudential reporting, and internal steering reporting.
Your main goal:
As part of closing missions or interim mission, you will you will work with the 1st and 2nd level control teams with Paris and/or Porto and evaluate the 1st level controls and will carry out 2nd level control work and, in various areas:
Accounting and Tax :
- Reconciliation on B/S and Off Balance Sheet between inventory and accounting;
- Reconciliation economic PNL with accounting PNL;
- Bank account reconciliation;
- Breakdown control;
- Review Financing operations PNL control;
- FCT review (4 entities);
- Custodian reconciliation ( Equity, Bond and Tofu);
- Treatment of accounting netting;
- Treatment of internal operations;
- Review of SPPI test by sampling (only transactions recorded in activities with BMHTC/HTCS);
- Manual entries control;
- Employee expenses;
- Review of Gift with a control framework to cover the corruption risk;
- BDR: Review balance sheet explanation.
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Audit or equivalent with bank accounting knowledge (IFRS9) and prudential requirement;
- Auditing experience (preferred);
- Financial controller in bank experience (+ 3year to 10 max)
- Fluent English and at least B2 French (mandatory)
- Good level degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and database systems used in financial reporting.
- Strong commitment and drive to accomplish assignments accurately and in timely manner.
- Ability to quickly understand complex subject matter and demonstrate critical thinking.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adaptability and able to work in a team.
We will only consider English CV's.
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office. Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.