Finance FPC – Financial Controller Manager
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
Team presentation and main goal:
Financial permanent Control is a department reporting to CFO which is responsible for :
- Co-definition of 1st level control plans
- Definition of 2nd level control plans & Natixis SA control repository ownership
- Perform 2nd level controls and issue recommendations on :
- Accounting & Tax reporting
- Regulatory & prudential reporting
- Supervision of the Financial Permanent Control ‘Filière’ across Natixis & link with BPCE
Porto Financial Permanent Control is organized around 3 poles :
- Accounting &Tax
- Regulatory &Prudential
- Supervision with Blackline tool
As Team Leader, your mainly goal will be to organize and to take place this department as an extension of the Paris organization with success.
Main tasks and goals:
As the Team Leader of the FPC team in Porto, you will be managing in first time accounting &Tax permanent control team and later, a Regulatory &Prudential Permanent Control team + 1 employee to manage Blackline Tool.
You will oversee:
- The recruitment process to staff the team linked to your functional manager in Paris and the local Head of Finance.
- The training of the recruits : scheduling, development and evaluation
- The organization of the teams and you will ensure that the appropriate resources are allocated to the tasks for closing tasks and ad-hoc missions.
- The monitoring and the performing of the control framework during quarter closing
- The monitoring and the performing of ad-hoc mission on: anti-corruption thematics, Financial PNB, Test SPPI review
- The review of all executive summary of closing control or ad-hoc mission
- Master’s Degree from a Business School or University closely related to the Finance industry. Certified auditor or accountant
- Management (1 -3 Years)
- Audit (preferred)
- Financial/accounting (advanced Knowledge)
- Data set manipulation (powerBI, excel, Datalake) (advanced Knowledge)
- Bank regulamentary /prudential (notions)
- Fluent English and a Good at least a B1 of French (mandatory)
We will only consider English CV's.
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office. Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.