Data Visualization Engineer - A&I
- Rua de Santos Pousada, Porto, Portugal
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
We are looking for an Data Visualization Engineer (local contract) to work within our Architecture & Innovation support team.
As a Bi Engineer - Data Visualization , you will work alongside our Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Business Analists, Software Engineers and others in the Application teams , from the specification to the implementation phase to improve our applications and business lines decisions. In addition, promote Data Centric mindset & Data Driven company.
You will be able to:
- Integrate into our Data Team (ETL, Data Management, BI), working together with Paris team members, as an unique team, and help Porto to upskill on this practice;
- Bring a differentiating expertise to our clients and stakeholders with integrity and responsibility. (Sustainable impact);
- Be agile, accountable and resilient, according to the circumstances (Entrepreneurial mindset);
- Purposely striving to succeed together, Porto and Paris, as one team with openness and confidence to improve knowledge, practice, framework, ecosystem (Collective intelligence);
- Contribute on local initiative and project from assessment, usecase identification, dataPrep, implementation, industrialization;
- Contribute to data community;
- Animate data awareness training.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with business users, business analysts, data scientists, data engineers and developers to deliver world class data driven solutions;
- Drive insights to answer business questions with data and visualizations, transforming data into actionable insights;
- Collaborate with engineering to design and develop scalable ETL pipelines;
- Build dashboards and reports to drive awareness and understanding of metrics;
- Build and maintain clean data models.
Main Technical Requirements:
- Minimum 6 years of experience in similar roles;
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or a similar area;
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Data visualization tools: Tableau and Power BI;
- Analytical mindset, to analyze large amounts of data and identify patterns, trends, seasonality and other data behaviors;
- Strong knowledge of SQL;
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or R;
- Experience creating and managing data warehouses, as well as the ETL work flow;
- Experience working with Engineering on ETL pipelines;
- Clearly communicate data insights, findings and results to internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong skills on SSAS, SSIS and Azure;
- Familiarity with Big Data processing frameworks such as Hadoop or Spark (nice to have);
- Knowledge of Big Data analytical tools, such as Hive (nice to have).
- Good level of English - minimum B2 (mandatory);
- Fluent in Portuguese (mandatory);
- Knowledge in agile methodologies and tools (Scrum/Kanban) (nice to have);
- Ability to keep up with a demanding and fast-paced environment;
- Willingness to learn and evolve;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team.
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office.
Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.