Licensed Optician - Assistant Manager
- 11770 Atlantic Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32225, USA
At National Vision, Inc. (NVI), we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
NVI is one of the largest optical retail companies in the United States with over 1,200 stores in 44 states plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. We operate five retail brands: America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, Eyeglass World, Vision Centers inside select Walmart stores and Vista Optical inside Fred Meyer stores and on select military bases. With a team of over 13,000 Associates including a network of over 2,000 optometrists, we offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
At America's Best, we are looking for a Licensed Assistant Eyeglass Manager to join our growing team. The Licensed Assistant Eyeglass Manager assists the General Manager with store operations and ensures that the eyeglass department operates in accordance with the company policies and procedures. This position oversees the Opticians and Contact Len Sales associates and in some stores, the Receptionist.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Monitor and achieve profit, sales and performance goals (i.e. reviewing the P&L).
- Optimize and oversee the eyeglass department to ensure efficiency and compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines.
- Convey a commitment to providing outstanding customer service and ensure all associates do the same.
- Ensure quality standards are met. Review remakes and enforce policies to ensure compliance.
- Communicate with the General Manger, District Manager, and Corporate Office and provide store reporting as required.
- Ensure store promotions, advertising, and visual merchandising are in place and all associates and doctors are aware of current promotions.
- Supervise and motivate Opticians and CL Sales associates (in some stores the Receptionist) and ensures the timely completion of day-to-day functions.
- Assist the General Manager with forecasting staffing needs, recruiting, selecting and retaining a high caliber staff.
- Motivate associates to exceed performance standards.
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Optical sales experience. Supervising experience is preferred.
- Maintain Optical license in states that require licensure.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build associate relationships.
- Sound understanding of store operations and standards for success.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective management of teams.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress towards goals.
- Ability to analyze, create, and understand financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope.
- ABO and NCLE Certified
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
NVI is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.