Receptionist - Optical - Bilingual
- 7150 Camino Arroyo, Gilroy, CA 95020, USA
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
Right now we are looking for a Bilingual (Spanish) Doctor’s Assistant to join our growing team. The Doctor’s Assistant provides prompt, courteous service to customers either on the phone or in person. This position also provides clerical assistance to the Optometrist.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Ensure high quality customer service.
- Ensure a smooth flow of customers through the store.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls in accordance with NVI protocol.
- Conduct accurate and timely pre-testing of patients.
- Process and understand managed care plans.
- Schedule and confirm appointments, follow-up visits and classes.
- File all patient records daily and pull patient files for the next day’s appointments.
- Keep store tidy and presentable according to company guidelines and policies.
- Prepare and maintain sales sheets and records in accounting/inventory application.
- Assist and maintain appropriate professional relations with the Optometrist, other NVI associates, and customers.
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role is preferred.
- Fluent in reading and speaking both English and Spanish.
- Experience handling multiple phone lines.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
Taking Care of our People
We understand the importance of financial health and security, and because of that, we provide competitive compensation to all Associates – including bonus potential for every position in the store! We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k retirement savings with company match, flex spending account, paid personal time off, paid company holidays, parental leave, employee eyewear discount and much, much more. At National Vision, we strive to deliver opportunities for professional growth and long-term career fulfillment. We provide training programs, access to educational courses and pride ourselves on the ever-increasing amount of promotions from within.
Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NVI is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.