- 2200 Newpoint Pkwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30043, USA
At National Vision, Inc. (NVI), we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
NVI is one of the largest optical retail companies in the United States with over 1,200 stores in 44 states plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. We operate five retail brands: America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, Eyeglass World, Vision Centers inside select Walmart stores and Vista Optical inside Fred Meyer stores and on select military bases. We employ over 13,000 people including a network of over 2,000 optometrists. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
Right now we're looking for a Medical Biller to join our growing team.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Prepares and generates clean claims for submission to all payor types, including third party payors, Medicare and Medicaid. Submissions of claims to be are done via 837 electronic, CMS-1500, fax, and online web portal.
- Processes an average of 20-25 claims per hour.
- Facilitates all rejections from electronic or paper claims. Obtains information from carriers, stores, internal entities or patients when services billed are denied for reasons such as incorrect insurance information, demographic information and/or authorization. Appeals denials when necessary.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with internal/external providers to ensure billings and collections procedures are current.
- Researches and resolves all zero payment explanations or benefits and exercises all options to obtain claims payments; initiates adjustments as necessary.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required; Associates Degree or Medical Billing Certificate preferred.
- 2-4 years minimum experience in Medical Billing and Denial Processing for HBO insurance, Claims Process or Collections required.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in area of billing, denials review, and accounts receivable processes required.
- Knowledge of CPT-4, ICD0, HCPCS, Medicare/Medical Terminology required.
- Word, Excel, Data Entry and Web Browsing required.
- POS System experience preferred.
- Strong verbal/written communication abilities; effective interpersonal skills; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to execute quickly and efficiently.
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.