Optometric Tech - Medical Assistant
- 77 N Cattlemen Rd, Sarasota, FL 34243, USA
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
As part of the National Vision family of optical retailers, Eyeglass World keeps customers happy with an impressively wide range of services and products. Recently named to the top 3 of Newsweek America’s Best Customer Service 2019, Eyeglass World has over 100 locations across the United States.
Right now we're looking for an Optometric Technician to join our growing team. The Optometric Technician assists the Optometrist by conducting pre-screenings and testing prior to the doctor examination.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Ensures high quality patient care.
- Maintains a professional atmosphere and appearance of doctor’s office and pretest room.
- Understands ocular terminology and diseases and knows the ocular abbreviations.
- Explains to the patient the types of preliminary examinations.
- Completes necessary paperwork and performs testing on patients prior to doctor examination.
- Promotes visual field testing and retinal screenings to eligible patients.
- Performs exam pre-screening.
- Reviews prescriptions and/or patient information carefully and identifies special needs. Consults with the optician, Doctor or Retail Management when necessary.
- Fills out referral forms and follow-up paperwork as required.
- Maintains accurate and organized patient records.
- Ensures equipment, both Doctor’s and pre-test, is properly maintained.
- Orders and maintains supplies and pharmaceuticals as directed.
- Follows all store and corporate policies and procedures.
- Participates in regularly scheduled mandatory communications meetings in order to keep informed of changes in corporate policies and initiatives.
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Previous retail/optical experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to learn optical knowledge.
- Able to give instruction in a clear and concise manner to customers.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Multitasking and time-management skills.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.