Optical Lab Manager - Eyeglasses
- 519 E 12300 S, Draper, UT 84020, USA
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
As part of the National Vision family of optical retailers, Eyeglass World keeps customers happy with an impressively wide range of services and products. Recently named to the top 3 of Newsweek America’s Best Customer Service 2019, Eyeglass World has over 100 locations across the United States.
We are looking for a Optical Lab Manager to join our growing team. The Lab Manager will provide excellent customer service while meeting company sales goals.
The Lab Manager seeks to make the world's happiest customers by providing a seamless experience throughout the customer's eyewear life and ensures other associates do the same. This position oversees the operation of the lab and ensures quality and same day service standards are met. This position also supervises the Lab Technician(s).
- Optimizes and oversees the Lab to ensure efficiency and compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and creates an action plan for improvement. Provides world-class service by treating customers with respect, providing prompt and courteous service, and listening and understanding their needs.
- Executes same day service using “Ready When Promised” production board.
- Performs machine maintenance to ensure that all lab equipment is clean and in good working order according to standards. Addresses immediately all equipment malfunctions and informs the General Manager and retail staff of any production delays.
- Ensures that all safety rules and standards are followed, including making sure that all Lab Technicians, wear protective eyewear in the lab at all times.
- Assists in controlling inventory shrinkage through the monitoring and recording of breakage and accurate inventories. Ensures that the store maintains a proper level of lenses and lab supplies to provide prompt customer service.
- Supervises and motivates Lab Technician(s) and ensures the timely completion of day-to-day functions.
- Assists the General Manager with recruiting, selecting and retaining a high caliber lab staff.
- Delegates work functions to team members in an appropriate manner in order to maximize organizational goals and individual development.
- Ensures lab associate scheduling complies with payroll guidelines while considering skill level.
- Ensures that all lab associates are properly trained on all lab equipment and they continue to develop their knowledge of laboratory techniques. Partners with the Training Department and Employee Relations to ensure all training and development occur on time and when needed for each associate.
- Completes annual performance reviews along with continuous coaching conversations with all associates.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.