Assistant Manager - Optical
- 5652 Crawfordsville Rd, Speedway, IN 46224, USA
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
As part of the National Vision family of optical retailers, Eyeglass World keeps customers happy with an impressively wide range of services and products. Recently named to the top 3 of Newsweek America’s Best Customer Service 2019, Eyeglass World has over 100 locations across the United States.
We are looking for an Assistant Floor Manager to join our growing team. The Assistant Floor Manager promotes the achievement of sales goals through directly selling as well as coaching and training other associates.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Oversee the sales floor and timely open and close the store following proper procedures.
- Drive and achieve profit, sales and performance goals according to NVI standards.
- Monitor retail operating costs, budgets, and resources.
- Optimize and oversee the retail operation to ensure efficiency and compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines. Identify areas of opportunity and create an action plan for improvement.
- Convey a commitment to providing outstanding customer service and ensure all associates do the same.
- Maintain awareness of same day service using “Ready When Promised” production board.
- Communicate with the General Manager, District Manager, and Corporate Office and provide store reporting as required.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with doctor(s) associated with the store and serve as liaison between doctor and store personnel.
- Ensure store promotions, advertising, and visual merchandising are in place and all associates and doctors are aware of current promotions.
- Motivate associates to exceed performance standards.
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Optical sales experience. Coaching and training experience is preferred.
- Maintain Optical license in states that require licensure.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build associate relationships.
- Sound understanding of store operations and standards for success.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Able to present clear and concise information and respond to questions from managers, associates, and customers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze, create, and understand financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope.
- ABO and NCLE Certified (Recommended).
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.