Assistant Manager - Optical
- 30323 US Hwy 19 N, Clearwater, FL 33761, USA
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
As part of the National Vision family of optical retailers, Eyeglass World keeps customers happy with an impressively wide range of services and products. Recently named to the top 3 of Newsweek America’s Best Customer Service 2019, Eyeglass World has over 100 locations across the United States.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our growing team. The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager with store operations. This position promotes the achievement of sale goals through directly selling as well as overseeing, training, and coaching the Opticians/Sales Associates.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Drive and achieve profit, sales and performance goals according to NVI standards.
- Monitor sales results against budgeted.
- Ensure all store associates achieve and maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Maintain awareness of same day service using “Ready When Promised” production board.
- Communicate with the General Manger, District Manager, and Corporate Office and provide store reporting as required.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with doctor(s) associated with the store and serves as liaison between doctor and store personnel.
- Ensure store promotions, advertising, and visual merchandising are in place and all associates and doctors are aware of current promotions.
- Supervise and motivate Optician/Sales Associates and ensures the timely completion of day-to-day functions.
- Assist the General Manager with balancing staffing to store volume. Assist in recruiting, selecting and retaining a high caliber staff.
- Motivate associates to exceed performance standards.
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Optical sales experience. Supervising experience is preferred.
- Maintain Optical license in states that require licensure.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build associate relationships.
- Sound understanding of store operations and standards for success.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective management of teams.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Able to present clear and concise information and respond to questions from managers, associates, and customers.
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress towards goals.
- Ability to analyze, create, and understand financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope.
- ABO and NCLE Certified (Recommended).
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.