Maintenance Tech - Optical Manufacturing
- 640 Shiloh Rd, Plano, TX 75074, USA
National Vision, Inc. is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised and career growth is a reality.
Our optical lab is seeking an experienced Maintenance Tech to join our growing manufacturing operation.
General Summary: Entry level Maintenance Technicians are responsible for servicing and maintaining equipment located in the lab.
- Maintains Preventative Maintenance on all equipment
- Maintains weekly PM checklists with all maintenance duties on them and PM checklists by the machines
- Communicates as necessary to fix various machines
- Services and maintains CNC Edgers by cleaning daily, fixing any broken or out of calibration parts, recalibrate
- Services and maintains CNC Generators by performing weekly greasing and lube checks, turn cutters and calibrate when needed
- Maintains Edgers by changing cutters and making sure filters are clean
- Maintains Blocker by keeping filters clean, wax drawers clean, weekly checks for prism and axis
- Uses ideas to fabricate systems and machines to improve production
- Follows company's "Lock out / Tag out" procedures and suggests improvements to safety measures
- No specific education is required
- 1-3 years previous experience in industrial maintenance, diagnosis and repair (electro/mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulics, servo drives, HVAC, etc.); mass manufacturing environment beneficial
- Must be able to read and write English
- Requires accuracy to avoid errors costing waste or delay
- Repetitive job requiring some mental effort, occasional organization and planning
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package. Some of the benefits include:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) policy
- Bi-weekly lab production BONUS opportunities
- 401k with company match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- Vision benefits
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Referral bonus program
- Wellness Plan incentives
- Other insurance options, employee assistance and much more
Please see our website at www.nationalvision.com to learn more.