Lab - Production Associate - Night Shift Entry Level - LAW Lab
- 296 Grayson Hwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30046, USA
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
Right now, we're looking for Manufacturing Associates - to join our growing team at our optical manufacturing lab in Lawrenceville, GA. Opportunities are available on the night shifts.
This is not just another job, it is an opportunity to learn a new career.
What would you do? – The Specifics
Duties vary based on the department and lab needs and include all duties as assigned. Generally, associates will perform a variety of tasks, such as described below, based on department functions:
- Bench/Mounters: Insert lens in frames, utilizing appropriate methods and tools for frame types. Edging, drill, beveling, cleaning, sorting trays, UV, tint, check lens for defects, correct power, axis, prism, etc.
- Inspection: Inspect frames for defects. Inspect lenses optically (ANSI Standards) and for visual imperfections. Check for cosmetic issues, prism and standards.
- Surface: Taping, blocking, generating, backside coating, deblocking, polishing.
- AR: Read invoices, sorting, pre-inspection, operate AR Coating Machine, load and unload lenses in sectors and machines, return lenses to trays and sort, clean and dry lenses, visually inspect to ensure ANSI Standards are met.
- Stockroom: Print orders from DVI, sort lenses and match jobs to correct trays for processing, pick frames and lenses from bin number on Rx, scan barcodes on trays and frames, remove lenses from manufacturer's box and correctly place on tray for processing.
- Shipping: Scan completed jobs, bag jobs, sort to waves, prepare boxes for daily shipments, follow procedures and processes for tracking and shipping orders.
- Sunday - Tuesday 4:00 pm to 4:30 am
- Wednesday - Friday 4:00 pm to 4:30 am
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- High School Diploma or GED
- No specific experience required but previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Expected to meet established production job rates in 60-75 days
- Sustained light (20lbs or less) physical effort
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Must be able to read and write English
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
· PTO Starts After 90 Days
· 10% Shift Deferential Pay
· Company Holiday Days off with Pay
· Overtime Opportunity
· Opportunity for Bonus Per Pay Period
· Full Benefit package
· Very Casual Work Environment
· Opportunity for Advancement
· Head Phones Allowed on the Production Floor
· Workout Fitness Gym on Site
· No License or Certificates Needed
· Break room comes with full size refrigerators, microwaves, meals, drinks, snacks able to purchase.