Marketing and Communication Coordinator
The Nashville Symphony inspires and engages a diverse and growing community with extraordinary live orchestral music experiences.
As Middle Tennessee continues to grow and transform, the Nashville Symphony will be a financially robust, leading orchestra fully supported and embraced by the community it serves and recognized by its peers for its innovation and excellence. Key to achieving this vision, the Nashville Symphony will:
Entertain and educate audiences with varied opportunities to engage with orchestral music.
Be recognized as a leading arts organization defined by performing an innovative and excellent portfolio distinguished by a commitment to American music, including underrepresented voices.
Strengthen diversified revenue streams in order to routinely deliver a balanced operating budget and meet goals for endowment contributions.
Build a diverse, welcoming, and effective organization that is a great place to work and is reflective of the Middle Tennessee community.
Description of Responsibilities
Provides general support for the Marketing and Communications departments by streamlining internal communication and alignment across departments and supporting single, subscription, group, and other sales campaigns and promotional opportunities. Additionally, assists in the planning and execution of announcements and ongoing communications efforts. Provides administrative support for Marketing, Communications, and Ticketing teams.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports Marketing and Communications colleagues in the execution of sales and publicity campaigns. Serve as the department hub for internal communication and alignment across departments, planning and execution of ongoing efforts. Takes notes and memorializes action plans at department meetings.
2. Assists colleagues in the execution of promotional events (lobby experiences and displays, outdoor festivals and parks concerts, etc.); update event gameplans
3. In collaboration with the Director of Audience Services, assist in the execution of audience lobby experiences and interactions including set-up and facilitation.
4. Assists the Director of Marketing with artist advertising settlements and works with the entire department to track the budget and process, submit, and track invoices.
5. Provides administrative support for activities including department calendar tracking, procuring and vetting permission for assets for promotional use, photo captioning, asset organization, media news clipping, organization, and reporting, and proofreading. Updates internal departmental project tracking documents, including but not limited to advertising, digital, budget, concert sheets, and timelines.
6. As a shared department responsibility, participates in concert duty rotation. Greets and assists critics, journalists, and media partners at concerts, and escorts photographers and news crews at rehearsals and concerts.
7. In collaboration with the Director of Marketing, solicit community partners for season ticket perks and discounts.
8. In support of the Art Director and Director of Digital Graphics, helps manage creative services workflow, project coordination, and website maintenance and upkeep.
9. Embrace the mission, intention, and work of the organization in regard to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging and take an active role to create meaningful impact for the children and adults of our community.
10. Other duties as needed to help reach our departmental goals.
Work Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or related marketing experience.
Experience: Entry Level position; Prefer internship or work experience in marketing or communications with an orchestra, performing arts organization, entertainment business, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be an effective, team-oriented person, and have a positive attitude and commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities required.
- Excellent writing skills. Knowledge of and experience with classical music preferrable.
- Committed to superb customer service for both external constituents (audience) and internal constituents (Board, musicians, staff).
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (including Excel) and database software as well as digital marketing and analytics platforms. Experience with Tessitura CRM and knowledge of basic HTML and CMS are a plus.
- Able to analyze, problem-solve, and offer solutions to challenges.
- Able to keep overall goals in mind while managing details and day-to-day functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.