Ticketing & Customer Team Specialist
- 1 Symphony Pl, Nashville, TN 37201, USA
Our Mission: The Nashville Symphony inspires, entertains, and educates through excellence in musical performance.
One of Tennessee’s largest arts organizations, the Nashville Symphony has been an integral part of the Music City sound since 1946. Led by music director Giancarlo Guerrero, the orchestra performs more than 150 concerts annually, with a diverse repertoire that includes classical, pops, jazz, movies, and more. It is one of the most active recording orchestras in the U.S., with a total of 14 GRAMMY® Awards and 27 nominations.
The Ticketing & Customer Team Specialist will ensure the highest standards of the organization’s ticketing operations, associated ticket sales revenue and internal/external customer satisfaction. The specialist will maintain the highest integrity in providing customer service, developing product and software knowledge, and generating ticket sales revenue. This position requires a positive attitude in a team-first environment. Team members will handle customer-facing outbound calls, inbound calls, and night-of-concert walk-up traffic to generate ticket sales, cultivate customer relationships and retain/build consumer loyalty.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer inbound customer service calls in the phone queue and place outbound calls to assigned leads to retain and build customer activity, loyalty and satisfaction.
- Fulfill ticket orders and assist in the distribution of single and season tickets.
- Initiate the process of building the Nashville Symphony’s relationship with prospective patrons and, through these relationships, increase the dollar value of ticket buys.
- With a positive and service-to-others attitude, maintain high levels of internal/external customer service.
- Be educated and educate our customers on concert content and various sales products.
- Serve as a contributing member of the Marketing Department, working within a team concept. Help meet and exceed budgeted organizational ticket sales goals and support fundraising.
- Participate in daily box office shifts and night-of-show box office shifts.
- Answer inbound customer service emails and share in the duty of daily tasks as assigned.
- Assist the Ticketing & Customer Team Managers in ensuring that the ticketing needs for sponsors, VIPs, artists, and staff are met.
- Confirm and keep accurate records of all calls, including ticket purchases, donation amount, updates to patron data, follow-up information and pledge information.
- Develop database/CRM skills to a level of proficiency required for the position.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of ticketing policies, including but not limited to exchanges, renewal sales and acquisition sales.
- Responsible for specific tasks assigned at time of hire.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Some experience with customer service and/or sales is a plus, but we will fully train the right candidate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Background in arts and/or knowledge of symphonic music preferred but not required.
- A pleasant phone voice for outbound calls, as well as promptness in answering inbound calls.
- Ability to stay calm and positive in the face of challenging customers.
- Punctuality, dependability, strong work ethic and the ability to exercise good judgment are a must.
- Must be highly motivated and have a skill set that includes keen attention to detail, organization and the ability to be creative and flexible while maintaining workflow.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Must be comfortable with speaking on a telephone for long periods.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Experience in Tessitura customer relations software preferred.
- The ability to handle confidential information while protecting the privacy of donors, patrons and prospects is vital.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess highly effective interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work night and weekend shifts.
- A flexible schedule that includes availability for some day and some evening shifts and some holidays as assigned.
Must be able to work at a computer and sit for extended periods. This position may periodically involve the lifting and moving of boxes and other equipment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Nashville Symphony prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
TITLE VI OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964
The Nashville Symphony is in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which maintains that no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. If you have questions concerning the Nashville Symphony’s compliance with Title VI, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources and our Local Title VI Coordinator, Nakisha Hicks.
This company is a smoke-free workplace in compliance with the Non-Smoker Protection Act, Tennessee Code Annotated §§ 39-17-1801-1810. In accordance with that law and company policy, smoking is prohibited in enclosed areas of company property.