Payroll & Accounts Payable Manager
- 1 Symphony Pl, Nashville, TN 37201, USA
Our Mission: The Nashville Symphony inspires, entertains, and educates through excellence in musical performance.
One of Tennessee’s largest and longest-running nonprofit performing arts organizations, the Nashville Symphony has been an integral part of the Music City sound since 1946. Led by music director Giancarlo Guerrero, the 83-member ensemble performs 170 concerts annually, with a focus on contemporary American orchestral music. It is one of the most active recording orchestras in the U.S. and has earned a total of 13 GRAMMY® Awards and 24 nominations.
Primary Job Duties:
1. Processes payroll on a semi-monthly basis (15th and last day of each month), including setting up new and rehire employees
2. Prepares the required 941 quarterly payroll & SUTA Taxes and Section 125 & 1099 reporting
3. Adheres to the union CBA regarding all aspects of compensation and benefits, i.e. payroll, recordings, expense reimbursements
4. Performs payroll ledger entries and processing
5. Calculate and process child support payments, garnishments, and levies
6. Prepares W-2’s & 1099’s at the end of the year
7. Prepares the tax forms for foreign artists
8. Enters invoices and reviews, processes and distributes accounts payable checks on a weekly basis
9. Reconciles pre-paid expenses, accounts payable and accrued expenses on a monthly basis
10. Manages company credit card accounts/approvals and postings
11. Maintains employee communications via accounts payable and payroll
12. Performs wire transfers as needed
13. Assists in the preparation of the annual audit schedules and tax schedules
14. Closes all accounting modules and reconciles as necessary
15. Handles instrument insurance for the musicians
16. Performs projects as assigned by manager
Work Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
Five to seven years payroll experience needed; accounts payable experience is preferred. Great Plains accounting software experience is highly preferred, but not necessary.
4. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates a solid understanding of accounting principles and applications.
Possesses detailed knowledge of payroll procedures and tax reporting requirements and the Affordable Care Act rules and policies.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to create routine reports in excel and correspondence, and to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers and vendors.
Ability to maintain the strictest of confidence as needed. Must have strong competency with Microsoft Office products (Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and have the capacity to learn new software application programs as required. Multi-tasking skills without panic are essential. Knowledge of classical music is helpful, but not required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Nashville Symphony prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
TITLE VI OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964
The Nashville Symphony is in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which maintains that no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. If you have questions concerning the Nashville Symphony’s compliance with Title VI, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources and our Local Title VI Coordinator, Ashley Skinner.
This company is a smoke-free workplace in compliance with the Non-Smoker Protection Act, Tennessee Code Annotated §§ 39-17-1801-1810. In accordance with that law and company policy, smoking is prohibited in enclosed areas of company property.